Myself and Martin Beeby are running several free events in the run up to Christmas aimed at helping web developers understand how to make the most of the Microsoft web stack which includes Visual Studio, ASP.net and Azure.
The events are aimed at developers, but still relatively high level so whether you’ve done a lot of Microsoft development or nothing at all, you should still get something out of the events.
Web camp: In-Person, all day event, 19th Dec (Now fully subscribed)
This event is now fully subscribed, however the ‘web camp online’ webinars (see below) cover much of the same content so why not sign up for those?
At this free Web Camp, you’ll learn how to develop beautiful, interactive and fast web sites using Microsoft’s web tools and platform. You will also learn how to deploy and scale your web sites with the cloud.
Here’s a snapshot of the topics that will be covered in the sessions and demonstrated with extensive hands-on resources.
- Introduction to ASP.NET and Visual Studio 2013 Web Tooling
- Building Web Applications using the latest ASP.NET technologies
- Building web front ends for both desktop and mobile using the latest web standards
- API Services for both web and devices
- Running, improving and maintaining a site in the real world
- Real-time Communications with SignalR
Register and get more detail here: aka.ms/christmascamp
Web camp online: A series of 1 hour webinars
As well as the in-person event on the 19th, we’ll be breaking the content down into a ‘week of webinars’ which starts on Monday 8th December.
- Mon 8th December @ 12:30: Building Web Applications using ASP.net, Visual Studio and Web Tools
- Tue 9th December @ 12:30: Building Modern Web front ends for mobile and desktop
- Wed 10th December @ 12:30: API Services for Web & Devices
- Thu 11th December @ 12:30: Real time communications with SignalR
- Fri 12th December @ 12:30: Running and maintaining sites in the real world
Register and get more detail: aka.ms/azurewebsitestraining
I hope to see you there