Some great resources are available for you to get hands-on tutorials and demo environments for SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010.
For IT Pros: http://MSSharePointITPro.com. This TechNet resource center is the starting place for understanding how to plan the physical architecture, infrastructure and configuration of SharePoint deployments.
For Developers: http://MSSharePointDeveloper.com. This MSDN resource center is the starting place for understanding how to plan development and implementation of custom SharePoint deployments.
- Hands-On Lab: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/ee513147.aspx
These labs let you get hands-on with an instance of SharePoint in the cloud, so no installation is necessary; you can get started right away.
SharePoint 2010 IW Demos: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9728417. This is a Hyper-V virtual machine that has SharePoint 2010, Office 2010, Visual Studio 2010, SharePoint Designer 2010, SharePoint Workspace, and more. Plus, a ton of content is installed: sites, pages, users, documents, videos, workflows, libraries, etc., and the scripts that take you through how to use and demonstrate it all. This is an incredible resource. It’s also huge: 18 GB. But there is an optional link on the page to use Akami download manager to speed the download with pause/resume functionality. Requires Windows Server 2008 R2 with Hyper-V.
- SharePoint 2010 Overview Evaluation Guide http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9727161
- SharePoint 2010 Walkthrough Guide http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9727427
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Evaluation Guide For IT Professionals http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9727162
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Professional Developer’s Evaluation Guide http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9727163