This blog posting applies to Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007.
This is a topic near and dear to my heart. I’ve spent many hours helping customers plan and execute a wide range of customizations for MOSS 2007.
Now, the ECM Team (Enterprise Content Management) has published an exhaustive paper on these topics. At least, I was exhausted reading it! No, really, it’s a great guide and covers so many areas that normally don’t even get touched on.
Announcement and request for feedback:
- Customization approaches (Basic, Intermediate, Advanced – Author centric, Advanced – Developer centric)
- Site Elements (Authored elements, Developed elements)
- Environments (Dev, Config mgt, Integration, Authoring, Pilot, Production)
- Tools & Processes
- Development team roles (Architect, Developer, Designer, Author, Tester, Admin)
- Customization Scenarios (Corporate extranet, Enterprise internet)
- Upgrading from SPS 2003 to MOSS 2007 (addressing customizations)
- Upgrading from CMS 2002 to MOSS 2007 (pointers to resources)
- Deployment (Authored, Developed)
- Solution packages
- Roadmaps (Sites & Subsites, Page design, Document mgt, InfoPath, Workflows, BI, Records mgt)
This is a tremendously valuable resource, go get it!