Head over to the Windows Home Server blog to see the details of the public release candidate. There is also a great WHS blog from the UK called "We Got Served". There you will find a cool list of add-ins. The public Home Server site is here. There is also the "Stop Digital Amnesia" site.
I have been running it since the early builds. It is a solid implementation, has easy management and cool new features.
Why do I like Home Server? My top 5:
- It is a elegant way for multi-PC homes to centralize storage and backup.
- Daily bit-level automatic backups
- Dynamically expanding file system (to make adding storage simple)
- EASY remote access to your home network
- They are selling it as an OEM kit for do-it-yourself enthusiasts
Marketed correctly, I could see any well-connected household benefiting from Home Server. Backup alone is a serious problem in an all-digital world.
Check it out.