Do you have a GREAT idea for a new mobile app? Do you think it will be a disruptive success?
Take a challenge and try to propose your idea to Microsoft, Nokia and AppCampus through the MAAC program!
What is MAAC?
Mobile App Acceleration Camp (MAAC) is a 2 day-event to fast track mobile startups for AppCampus grants.
During MAAC your entire team will work with 20/25 international mentors from the mobile industry that will help you to prepare your application for the AppCampus program and help turn your new app idea into a big business. At the end of the second day you will receive final feedbacks to increase your chance of being accepted for AppCampus!
MAAC experience is a hard experience 🙂
To qualify for a Mobile App Acceleration Camp event, your team must possess the following minimum set of skills:
• Design. To build a great app, you need to be able to carefully plan the user experience and every detail of the interface.
• Mobile Development. You need someone who knows how to develop for Windows Phone 8/Windows 8.
• Business and marketing. We want to help you to build a business, not only an application. That’s why the team needs someone who can design a business model and implement a marketing campaign.
What is AppCampus?
AppCampus is a mobile application accelerator program managed by Aalto University in Espoo, Finland. It is an 18 million euro joint investment between Microsoft and Nokia to foster mobile application development on Windows Phone and other Nokia platform. Successful applicants to AppCampus will receive awards varying from 20,000, 50,000 to 70,000 euros. In addition, AppCampus also provides training in mobile technology, design and usability, coaching and marketing support. AppCampus doesn't take any equity or commission from the investment. The only requirement is that successful applications are expected to be available exclusively on Windows Phone Store or Nokia Store for the first 90 days.
More information here: www.appcampus.fi
MAAC: How does it work?
The process is quite simple:
- Starting from December 1st, 2013 to January 13th, 2014 we have a public call for submissions. You can apply here
- All teams applying to MAAC must attend Windows Phone technical events (online or devcamps) or demonstrate an equivalent understanding of the Windows Phone platform and UX patterns. you will receive an email with all online and offline resources.
- If your submission is accepted, your team will be invited to participate in the 2 day-event in ROME to work on your project with our mentors!
- If the final feedbacks are positive, you will have 15 days to submit your final application to AppCampus with a special referral code!
more info here: http://www.appsparkworld.com/
How to apply to a MAAC!
- If you are a digital startup, register your idea/startup to BizSpark to access all Microsoft resources for free for three years!
- Download the Application Kit
- Fill the document “Application Form”. We strongly recommend that you review our selection criteria and general recommendations before submitting your application.
- Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 13th, 2014
NOTE: We receive hundreads of applications so please be sure to use the right naming convention because we wil accept only application with the following format:“AppName – MAAC ROME January 2014 – ApplicationFORM.ZIP” or “AppName – MAAC ROME January 2014 – ApplicationFORM.DOC”
Hope to see you in Rome 🙂