Windows Azure BizTalk Services (aka BizTalk Services, aka WABS) is now available as a Preview on Windows Azure. I’ve had the opportunity to work with WABS since the beginning. I’m in awe of how much WABS has improved. For example:
- The BizTalk Services portal has a much better flow for adding partners and creating EDI agreements.
- Retrieving tracked data in the BizTalk Services portal is much easier.
- In the Visual Studio project (specifically BizTalk Services project), creating a Connection in the Bridge design area is easier.
- Scope of the Loop map operations in a Transform has a much better UI experience.
- TAP customer feedback directly added to the product, including Refreshing the BizTalk Service instead of doing a full deployment and adding XSLT.
Here are some resources to get you started:
Introducing Windows Azure BizTalk Services Preview –Part 1
Windows Azure BizTalk Services Preview (Part 2) –BizTalk Adapter Services SAP Integration
Administration and Development Process Flow
BizTalk Services Pricing
BizTalk Services: Developer, Basic, Standard and Premium Editions Chart
Windows Azure BizTalk Services – June 2013 Preview (msdn.microsoft.com documentation)
Windows Azure BizTalk Services (WindowsAzure.com documentation)