Ken Henderson – We Will Always Remember You

We are mourning the loss of Ken Henderson who passed away this Sunday evening. We don’t know any details at this time, but we will let the community know as we learn more. It was great being around Ken and feeling his passion and learning from him over the years. We will miss him.

Bill Ramos and the SQL Manageability Team

1. jl999 says:

What a great loss to all of us — he wrote some of the best SQL books that I have ever read.

He will be remembered. My condolences to his family…

2. We are mourning the loss of Ken Henderson who passed away this Sunday evening. We don’t know any details

3. JamesNT says:

The loss of Ken Anderson is truly tragic.  My condolences to his family, friends, and coworkers.

JamesNT

4. JamesNT says:

Apologies for misspelling his last name.  I have a close friend who is Ken Anderson who also passed away about 3 years ago from cancer.

JamesNT

5. Some sad news on this blog . Ken Henderson was one of the SQL Server gurus who wrote wonderful books

6. MSSQL says:

В воскресенье скончался человек – легенда для всех, кому близок SQL Server http://blogs.msdn.com/khen1234/default.aspx

7. Denis Gobo says:

Ken Henderson passed away this last Sunday . My condolences go out to his family, friends, and coworkers.

8. Unfortunately for the SQL Server community, Ken Henderson passed away yesterday. Many will remember…

9. I know I'm not the first in the SQL Server community to post this, but Ken Henderson has passed away

10. Jay Dave says:

His books are always my mentor & after meeting him in Dallas, i was happy to see a such a good & humble person.

11. This is quite sad…when I wrote a SQLCLR book, Ken’s book’s were the ‘model’ we were told to use. His ‘guru’ books were very top-notch and while I did not know him personally we can all very much identify with his passion for SQL Server & writing to help others learn.

He will be missed…

12. SQL Musings says:

Ken Henderson passed away this past week. I found out about it from the MVP forums as well as from Manageability

13. Sunil says:

My condolences to late ken henderson family. He was an exceptional writer who made learning SQL pretty easy for beginners  like me. His loss will truly be felt by SQL community. may god rest his soul in peace.

14. Simon Rapier says:

I am still shocked by this. I would like to pass on my condolences to his family. I will always remember Ken as someone who was so generous with his time and energy in helping me whenever I asked. A great man, who gave a lot. He will be greatly missed.

15. Its a sad news to hear about Ken Henderson all of the SQL Server users will remember his invaluable contributions

16. Alfonso Nieto (Spain) says:

Sql community has lost one of the best contributors and I am sure that for many of us a reference like no other. We will all remember him and his great job.

17. Dan Jones provides some interesting insight into the development process of SQL Server 2008. SQL Customer Advisory Team releases a partition management utility on CodePlex. The storage engine team con …

18. Mohammed says:

It is very sad news and big loss to SQL Server community…

19. Niall, Ireland says:

Very sad news. Kens were some of the first books I bought when learning SQL and they were invaluable. Great books. My sympathies to his family.

20. Lee Everest says:

Ken was the best, a humble man willing to help anyone along the way. I credit much to him and his writings. Tragic loss to our community.

21. Farhan Soomro says:

What a great lost! cann’t beleive this happend.  My heartfelt condolence to family. I think sql management team should some sort of award or something for such a great person.

Thanks.

22. Urkec says:

Najiskrenije saucesce porodici i prijateljima Kena Hendersona. Kene, ostajes ucitelj. Ybogom.

23. Some sad news on this blog . Ken Henderson was one of the SQL Server gurus who wrote wonderful books

24. Not much to say. I have been angry that he has not returned my emails. Sorry Ken. Ken Henderson –

25. Farewell to Ken Henderson I get to know just now that Ken Henderson passed away on late February 2008

26. Basava says:

I think many people are working in SQL Server product team, but I have never seen anybody like him. Indeed he was a Guru.

God created Ken and then he created SQL Server for Ken to live  and play with it. Such an intellectual and at the same time generous to everyone around is sad to be missed….

Let God shower more blessings and give support to Ken’s family who used to love his kids so much.  Its a profound shock and disbelief for me to miss him.

27. Eugene Zhitomirsky SQL SERVER MVP says:

I did not believe when somebody told me at MVP Summit  2008

that Ken passed away.

Ken Henderson is and will be my SQL SERVER  hero.

His books changed my life.

I am using his life recommendations – learn as much as can …

Ken will always live in our hearts and his books.

28. ibrahim YILMAZ says:

i read their books. he was generous man and gugu of programming and advising . we need him now. My condolences go out to his family, friends, and coworkers.

29. Jennifer Henderson says:

I'm his daughter.  He committed suicide.

Skip to main content