This two-day online course is specially tailored for developers looking to leverage C#/XAML to build cool apps and games for Windows Phone 8. Clearly, this platform is another leap forward in Microsoft’s overall mobile strategy and the developer community has taken notice. Now is the time to embrace your opportunity and start building Windows Phone apps.
Date/Time: November 28-29, 2012 (2 days)
- Day 1: 7:00am – 5:00pm PST
- Day 2: 7:00am – 5:00pm PST
Accelerated, engaging, demo-rich virtual learning experience – no hands-on labs.
- Where: Live virtual classroom (online from wherever you are)
- Cost: FREE!
- Target audience: Application developers and architects who want a fast-paced and real-world learning experience focused on leveraging C#/XAML to build apps for Windows Phone 8.
This fast-paced, demo-rich online course features two sought-after mobile app developers:
Andy Wigley (co-author of three best-selling books on mobile application)
Rob Tiffany, mobile strategist, author, and speaker for Microsoft.
If you’re a developer or architect who needs to move beyond the hype and come face-to-face with what’s real, you will love this experience
• Module 1a: Introducing Windows Phone 8 Development | P1
• Module 1b: Introducing Windows Phone 8 Development | P2
• Module 2: Designing Windows Phone 8 Apps
• Module 3: Building Windows Phone 8 Apps
• Module 4: Files and Storage on Windows Phone 8
• Module 05: Windows Phone 8 Application Lifecycle
• Module 06: Background Agents
• Module 07: Tiles and Lock Screen Notifications
• Module 08: Push Notifications
• Module 09: Using Phone Resources in Windows Phone 8
• Module 10: App to App Communication in Windows Phone 8
• Module 11: Network Communication in Windows Phone 8
• Module 12: Proximity Sensors and Bluetooth in Windows Phone 8
• Module 13: Speech Input in Windows Phone 8
• Module 14: Maps and Location in Windows Phone 8
• Module 15: Wallet Support, In-App Purchasing in Windows Phone 8
• Module 16: The Windows Phone Store
• Module 17: Enterprise Application Publishing and Distribution in Windows Phone 8
• Module 18: Windows Phone 8 and Cross Platform App Development
• Module 19: Introduction to C++ Games Development
• Module 20: Windows Phone Team Q&A