Soma, senior VP of the Developer Division, just announced on his blog that the Service Pack 1 for VS 2008 and .NET FX 3.5 are released!
That means that Dynamic Data is released and the documentation for Dynamic Data (and for the entire SP1) is now published on MSDN!
This is how the Table of Contents for Dynamic Data looks like for this release:
- Using Dynamic Data
- ASP.NET Dynamic Data Overview
- ASP.NET Dynamic Data Infrastructure
- ASP.NET Dynamic Data Guidelines
- Walkthrough: Creating a New Dynamic Data Web Site Using Scaffolding
- Walkthrough: Adding Dynamic Data to an Existing Web Site
- + ASP.NET Dynamic Data Scaffolding and Page Templates Overview
- + Adding Dynamic Behavior to ASP.NET Data-bound Controls
- + ASP.NET Dynamic Data Field Templates Overview
- + ASP.NET Dynamic Data Model Overview
We introduced some new cool features with this release for the ASP.NET documents.
- Video tutorials
- Creating a New ASP.NET Dynamic Data Web Site Using Scaffolding
- Customizing Default Field Templates in ASP.NET Dynamic Data Applications
- Customizing the Appearance and Behavior of Data Fields in the Data Model for ASP.NET Dynamic Data
The runnable samples are nothing new for the ASP.NET team, but this is the first time we are publishing them outside the ASP.NET site. Some topics that include runnable samples are the following:
- DynamicControl class
- DynamicField class
- UIHint property
- DynamicQueryStringParameter class
- How to: Customize Data Field Validation in the Data Model
- How to: Use ASP.NET Dynamic Data in Templated Data-Bound Controls
- How to: Customize Data Field Appearance and Behavior in the Data Model
- How to: Customize Data Field Validation in the Data Model Using Custom Attributes
Well, now you can tell us what you think of the documentation and the new features. The easiest way to do it is just to send your feedback through the rating system on the MSDN site (the stars on the right-upper corner of the topic).