And that's a $350 value!!
One way that I-and you can- practice my marketing acumen is by making suggestions to the service providers of whom I am a customer. One of those is my dentist.
Yesterday, I was in there again and saw that they had implemented a version of the referral program I had suggested.
While I was in the chair, I came up with a few more...and then followed up with an email. (see below)
You know what happened? My dentist paid me!!
"Your advice has been so good that I want to give you a complementary whitening."
My point isn't that my teeth are cleaned, it's that
- your vendors will be thrilled-and may comp you-for ideas you give them...if you look and think about their business challenges critically
- you will hone your own marketing instincts if you get in this habit
Here were some of the ideas I sent
- Patient of the Month Award
- This could be a 1 page handout that you have in the waiting area. Select 2 or 3 patients and write a 2-3 paragraph story about them. How long have they been patients? Get a quote asking what they like about the dental practice.
- Put a picture in there. Nothing too heavy. Light reading while people are waiting, but it could go a long way to making people FEEL like they are part of something. You called your employees, “like family,” how about your patients as a family? Maybe give them a free whitening as well.
- Raffle Giveaway
- Each month pick 2-3 customers. It could be at random or people who have spent a LOT of money with you. Or people who have referred you a lot of business. Call them up and say, “we really value your business and appreciate it. We want to give you a free tooth whitening.” The positive word of mouth that this generates could be great.
- Each month, have a handout (maybe the backside of the Patient of the Month” Award listing the winners. This is a nice balance. One is random (raffle)…everyone can win. And one has criteria (that you pick, strategically)
- Referral Recognition Monitor
- From the looks of it, the computer in the back corner can support 2 monitors. Attach a 2nd flat panel monitor to it and have a slideshow of pictures of
- Patients who have referred you the most patients through your referral program
- Patients of the month
- Raffle winners
- One or all of the above is fine. But the idea is to build community and get people involved in your practice as people