While reading about Windows Azure Media Services, I stumbled upon this link. It’s an open source, robust video player framework for Windows 8, HTML5, Windows Phone, Xbox and other application platforms.
The open-source Player Framework supports a long list of advanced features including:
- Adaptive streaming and advanced playback heuristics via the IIS Smooth Streaming Client SDK for Windows 8
- Closed captioning support via SMPTE-TT and TTML
- Advertising standards support including VAST, MAST, and VPAID
- Advanced DVR-style playback
- Robust skinning and styling
- A number of other powerful features
Really cool if you want to enable video streaming in your application.