Last week an updated version of the Windows Azure Platform Training Kit was released. It is available on the MSDN site, along with the Windows Azure Platform Training (hands-on-labs & videos) that are available here.
This new release of the training kit includes several new and updated hands-on labs, demo scripts, and presentations for the Windows Azure November 2010 enhancements and the Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio 1.3. It demonstrates how to use new Windows Azure features such as Virtual Machine Role, Elevated Privileges, Full IIS, and more. This release also includes hands-on labs that were updated in late October and November 2010 to demonstrate some of the new Windows Azure AppFabric services that were announced at the Professional Developers Conference including the Windows Azure AppFabric Access Control, Caching Service, and the Service Bus.
Some specific changes covered:
- [Updated] All demos were updated to the Azure SDK 1.3
- [New demo script] Deploying and Managing SQL Azure Databases with Visual Studio 2010 Data-tier Applications
- [New presentation] Identity and Access Control in the Cloud
- [New presentation] Introduction to SQL Azure Reporting
- [New presentation] Advanced SQL Azure
- [New presentation] Windows Azure Marketplace DataMarket
- [New presentation] Managing, Debugging, and Monitoring Windows Azure
- [New presentation] Building Low Latency Web Applications
- [New presentation] Windows Azure AppFabric Service Bus
- [New presentation] Windows Azure Connect
- [New presentation] Moving Applications to the Cloud with VM Role
Have fun learning about new Windows Azure features!