Luca Bolognese leaves Microsoft

This is my last post on this blog. My new blog is here: http://lucabolognese.wordpress.com/

I accepted a role as Director for Credit Suisse in London. I’m excited by the opportunity to work in the financial industry, a long-standing desire of mine. I’m also excited to write more F# code and to be closer to Italy, where my extended family is.

The past ten years in Microsoft have been a wild ride. I’m proud to have been part of ObjectSpaces, Generics, LINQ and F# (and much more …). I’ve been lucky to be able to post on this blog and present at conferences about such innovative technologies. It has all been a lot of fun. I’m sure the next ten years will be as good.

I’ll see you guys on my new blog.

1. great loss for Microsoft; the company I work for (ACS, Xerox) does some work for Credit Suisse, hope to work with you some time in the future

2. I’m sure your talents will be missed. Good luck, Luca!

3. lucabol says:

Thanks for the kind words.

4. Congratulazioni

Benvenuto a Londra 🙂

Ci siamo incontrati al PDC meet the expert in 2008. Abbiamo parlato a lungo di F#.

Io lavoro a Morgan Stanley a Canary Wharf, e probabilmente tu lavorerai nel palazzo di fronte al mio. Incredibile coincidenza.

Vieni al meetup "April F#unctional Londoners Meetup" il 21 Aprile ?

5. Daniel Carey says:

Because of you (and Chris Smith), I’ve started converting some of our insurance calculations to f#. You are a great presenter and hope you can still find time. Best wishes to you and yours.

6. lucabol says:

7. Ken Egozi says:

Ch Ch ch Ch ch changes 🙂

Good luck in your new adventures. I hope you’ll set up a new blog sooner than later, as I really enjoy reading your take on languages and such.

I hope you’ll also continue speaking from time to time at confs. I attended your Linq2SQL talk on TechEd Israel back on 2006, and it was the best talk there.

8. Luca, good luck for your new adventure!

I currently work for IFM Infomaster with your former Italian colleagues and I’ve heard a lot of excellent things about you. 🙂

Maybe we’ll have a chance to meet soon as I just accepted an offer from Google and I’ll be based in London starting from May 1st.

9. Moukarram Kabbash says:

At most I will miss your presentations at the various conferences. Good luck

10. lucabol says:

Thanks everyone.

Claudio: let’s keep in touch. They must be doing something right in this IFM place … It must be Massimo, or Mario maybe …

11. Isaac says:

But now I can’t look forward to your information + funny presentations at TechEd or PDC!!

Best of luck in the future though Luca – and thanks for all the great stuff you helped bring through in the last few years!

Cheers

12. Ankit says:

Awesome news. I work at Credit-Suisse London. See you soon.

13. lucabol says:

Thanks everyone.

Ankit: I’ll see you there 🙂

14. I enjoyed our brief conversation at PDC very much but wish he had been able to talk more.  Please do keep blogging, I’ll be looking forward to your posts.