ZuneIt Howto: Get YouTube & Google Videos on your Smartphone

As reported by Lifehacker and Zune Thoughts, the ZuneIE Plugin (originally designed for the Zune) runs on Internet Explorer and allows you to download any YouTube or Google video and convert them on-the-fly to the .WMV format. All you have to do after installing it is to visit any YouTube / Google Video page and while the video is buffering, and click on the ZuneIt icon on the IE toolbar and the downloadvideo application will begin downloading the flv videos and convert them. The videos will be placed in the “Google” and “YouTube” folders in your “My Videos” folder.

All you have to do then is to copy the video into your Zune, Windows Mobile device or any media device that supports WMV.

The video quality is ok but I suspect it’s being encoded at a higher bitrate, the video is choppy on my Excalibur while videos downloaded using Vixy is fast but then i’m using TCPMP to watch the Vixy videos which is a lot smoother.

That said, this is a much easier option. One Click download. Pretty cool. Try it out here: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=185239&package_id=215651&release_id=473343

1. bdogg64 says:

http://www.mymobileclips.com also allows you to watch videos from youtube, google video, metacafe, break, ifilm, and dailymotion on your mobile phone.

Go to http://wap.mymobileclips.com on your phone for direct access

2. Cres says:

so how do i open it..? i’ve been trying to get it to go  but it’s not going… plz e-mail me on how to get it going @ vesta077@sailormoon.com

3. Loke Uei says:

so what is the problem you’re facing? does it not show? or it doesn’t even rip the videos?

4. Zac says:

It doesn’t download the whole video only a portion

5. dave says:

i have a questiond o you have to have IE open while you do this"?

6. Jen says:

When I try to download videos, it’s says, "Failure to download Check EventVwr

Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

What’s going on?

and_then_she_asked_a_question@hotmail.com

7. DeoWulf says:

It doesn’t work anymore… bummer.  Maybe YouTube updated its protection.

8. NICK says:

Dear.SIR /Madem.

How do I get link you tube and google videos on my web site .

pls advice me I want to get You tube /googale video link on my web site ?

Email Nickmerchant100@hotmail.com

Nick

9. Sir says:

HELP. When i click on Zunit when im on a youtube video page all that happens is a thing that come up sayin "Failed to download video" nothing happens just that. Please helpthis sounds really cool and i want to use it.

10. Carol says:

It says failure to download after i click the little icon

11. harrison says:

failure to download for me.

email me at dwadefan023@aol.com if u know how to fix it please

12. shaeknbake says:

Im really behind all of you because I dont know how to install the plugin and get it as an option on my IE toolbar. Can anyone please help?

13. Seltic98 says:

Shaeknbake – I’s probably on you toolbar but you can’t see it. Click on the rifht arrow on the top right hand side of the toolbar. The drop down menu will show it.

14. Beware All New Comers To Bollywood: Fraud Film Director says:

All new comers to Indian Film Industry, please beware of a fraud film director: Mr. NicK Merchant

He will promise big roles and ask you to make an association card worth Rs. 5000/- You will loose all your money as he has no association and will provide you with a fake artist association card.

Females please beware as this guy will ask you to com…promise to get a break in his film. He is a rapist.

This guy claims to be an experienced film director from Hollywood USA. But he is a big cheat who makes fake films with new comers gathering huge money without paying a single dime to the artist.

Following are the details of this cheater

Name: Mr. Nick Merchant

Comapny: Eagle Classic Films

Email Id: Nickmerchant100@hotmail.com

Mobile: 9321721667

Please pass on this information to as many artist as you can to save our society from such cheaters.

The pic. of this fraud guy is attached with my post.

One more important point to be noted is this cheat shoot most of his films in Mira Road

and Bhayander without permission from the police.