Download M-V-VM Project Template/Toolkit

Aha!!! Isnt that what we were all waiting for.. You can get this from here

This has been created by the WPF team. So be assured that its good quality…

In addition the toolkit includes:

·         A Visual Studio 2008 template (Visual C# Express 2008 also supported)

·         Documentation

o   General introduction to M-V-VM

o   Walkthrough using the VS template

·         A complete WPF application demonstrating the MVVM pattern

Got feedback.. Send it to us!! :)

Have fun

1. You’ve been kicked (a good thing) – Trackback from DotNetKicks.com

2. shaggygi says:

I added this to WPF Toolkit blog, as well.

Great stuff. This has good details on topic and got me running in no time. Is there plans on releasing something like this for Silverlight? Will the template be a default project type in VS 2010? Also, does this topic fit into the new MEF? If so, do you have any examples on how to combine the two? Thanks again.

3. ridi says:

totally cool… will test in on this weekend … thanks a bunch

4. tawani says:

It is a great simple framework for starters, but I still think they should have added a simple "MessageBox" to the example.

5. Rudi Grobler says:

The WPF team finally released the WPF Model-View-ViewModel Toolkit, download it from here   The

6. This week on Channel 9, Brian and Dan discuss the top developer news, including: – Windows 7 RC is available

7. Carlos says:

I’m a slow learner. You can call me stupid if you want, thats probably true. And I don’t have much time to read all technical details… the best way for me to learn something new is to do a simple example… sadly, every simple example of m-v-vm that I ever seen is too simple. Can someone please show me how to go from that nice template application that VS2008 "WPF Model-View application" creates for me to an application that shows a dataGrid on the mainPage filled with some data, and/or open a new window when I click somewhere and that window can manipulate some data that somehow affects the datagrid on the main form?

Something like in the main view a grid with orders and double clicking on the grid open a new window for me to edit the details of the order…

8. Kris says: