I was pleasantly surprised by the response I got for the last update of the tool. Along with the feedback I got a few bugs... ahh the bugs ... so went about fixing them ... Got a couple of new features too. 🙂
If you have noticed above, theres a System Tray option to minimize to the systray. Now it wont occupy any additional space - its in the sys tray. By default, its not enabled.
The other thing that I added is the send to command interpreter option in the Property tree view. One thing to note here is that sometimes the node higher up the tree is passed. For instance, if you send the Height property of a TextBox to the command interpreter it will send the textbox instance. The reasoning here is that the user wants to modify the Height and sending an instance of the Height doesnt accomplish this (as its disconnected from the parent). Simplicity is the goal here so that there are no crashes... Also, the command interpreter is simplified a lot - So if you perform illegal operations (such as assigning to readonly) you get a very simplistic error msg.
The other interesting feature is that you can now open baml files. The option is available in the open File dialog (Ctrl O / File menu) ... Instead of starting everything from scratch, I reused some of the tools available for this. You have the Baml disassembler from Lutz Roeder doing the actual work. The editor is mainly the one used by the XamlExporter for Illustrator. The xamleditor is a separate exe and the source code for this portion is available here.
One other change - the earlier version dumped the resources in the current directory and it used to be messy if the user opened it on the desktop. So now, theres a msi which does all the redirection and also provides an uninstall option... yoohooo... Finally, a slight change in the splash screen code was made since it really wasnt meeting the intended purpose
The msi is attached.
Fixed the FileSave extension issue
Remembers the Windowstate on opening through the sys tray icon
It was pointed out that the bamldisassembler is outdated and no longer maintained. As such I updated the msi, which now uses the bamlviewer reflector dll.