Service update (December 4, 2008)

We’re pleased to announce that our next update will be available later today. This update affects the Live Desktop, Live Mesh for Mac, and Live Mesh for Mobile. We will release an update for the Live Mesh for Windows software next week. See below for details.

Fixes:

• Server-side performace and reliability enhancements

• Minor usability improvements

For those of you keeping track, the latest version numbers with this update are:

• Live Mesh for Mac: 0.9.3602.818

• Live Mesh for Mobile: 0.9.3424.9

• Live Desktop: 0.9.3424.9

As always, thank you for helping us test Live Mesh!

Technorati Tags: LiveMesh

1. Mark says:

Does the mobile client auto update or do we need to manually reinstall?

2. Tim says:

Looks like it will prompt you to update the mobile version if it sees when it sees the update.

3. Yes, the mobile client should detect a new update is available when it starts up or at roughly 24-hour intervals (depending on connectivity) and will prompt you to download the update and install it.

4. Rick Huizinga says:

Does the Mac client auto-update or do we need to manually reinstall?

5. DrAT says:

The mobile client updated itself on my Pocket PC. It notified me of the update and gave the option to download it; it downloaded the CAB file and installed it in the usual way.

6. Bob Gregor says:

Minor usability issue when logging in with an "Other email address"

It is not clear that the username for other domains is user@domain.com, especially since the drop down box’s other options all have @hotmail, @live, @msn suffixes. The solution is to move the drop down to the right of the username box.

This is a great product, and I look forward to seeing more improvements!

7. Nexus says:

This version of the mobile client still closes out before it can sign in, just like the original released version. Do I need to send logs again?

8. JohnA says:

Will there be any more invitations made available for mobile?  Thanks in advance!!

9. paulth says:

Is there going to be a mac release for non intel machine?

10. I personally think Live Mesh is one of the coolest things to come out of Microsoft recently. It allows

11. Rick Huizinga says:

The Mac client has not yet updated.  Looks like a manual install is required…???

12. int19h says:

When will we see the integration of Live Mesh with the rest of the Live platform (SkyDrive etc)?

13. Josh says:

Will the coming update for windows client fix the graphics issue for windows 7 or this that planned for a future update? Keep up the great work, this is one of the most useful products I’ve found in a while.

14. Ashey says:

I have installed live mesh for mobiles plus the update but the up date would not overide the original version.

In the first version my mobile was not detected by my mesh

Would do I need to do

15. I’m checking for updates on my desktop client and it says it is up to date although the version is: 0.9.3424.5.

Do we need to uninstall and reinstall it manually?

16. John Jones says:

This application worked great for my mac, before the update, but now i was forced to re-install after it constantly not working. Now the application does not even open without giving me an error message, anyone have any info on this???

17. Live Mesh for Mac: 0.9.3602.818 keeps crashing for me with a nice EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT) on launch. Annoying. Any bugfixes for this in the next update?

18. Eddie says:

Any word on when the Mobile beta will be expanded. I keep running every few days, but I’m still waiting. I’m eager to start using it on my mobile…

19. MSDN Archive says:

@ John Jones & Wes Kroesbergen,

Please feel free to open bugs for the issues you’re seeing.  Instructions can be found on our support forum: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/LiveMesh/threads/

20. @jsbenjamin Deleting my ~/Library/Application Support/Live ID and Live Mesh folders as suggested for another issue in the forum did the trick. Thanks.

21. Tommy says:

How do i get my Live Mesh up to the latest version? Installing the client from Livemesh.com only brings it to 0.9.3424.5. And if i after install do a "Check for updates" it says updates are available and after clicking though the UAC prompt i get a "Updates configured" message down in at traybar but the version still stays at 0.0.3424.5.

22. MSDN Archive says:

@ Tommy,

0.9.3424.5 is the latest version of the Windows client.  That said, you should not be seeing "updates available" when Live Mesh is, in fact, up to date.  Do you have Live Mesh installed under an admin account?  If it’s installed under a standard user account, that could explain the problem.  You may wish to visit our support forums for more assistance: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/LiveMesh/threads/

Skip to main content