Update on installation of Live Mesh for Mobile – FIXED!

Thank you for using the Live Mesh for Mobile client! For users who saw a failure to add their mobile phone to their mesh, we have deployed an updated build of Live Mesh for Mobile. You will need to download the Mobile Installer from http://m.mesh.com/install/wm6/LiveMesh.cab again.  Once you have the new installer on your phone, run it and the installed client will be upgraded to the new version. The new Mobile Live Mesh Client is version number 0.9.3424.6 (check this through Menu -> About). Now you can start Live Mesh, sign in, and you should be good to go.

Currently Live Mesh for mobile devices is provided only on a limited basis in the US and UK. (UPDATE 2: Live Mesh for Mobile in the UK is currently full, in both the US and the UK. We know many of you are excited about trying Live Mesh with your mobile devices, so we’ll be adding more spots very soon – stay tuned!) If you have a Windows Mobile 6.x client, click on one of the following links (US residents, UK residents).  Sign in with your LiveID, and you’ll be redirected to the device ring where you’ll see a link to “Use Live Mesh for mobile devices.”  Alternately, once you’ve signed in this way, the mobile client should be available for download by pointing your phone’s browser to http://m.mesh.com.

Thank you for your patience.

The Live Mesh Team

1. Todd Morrison says:

Are certain devices being excluded?

For instance, when i try most recent mesh installer on my old 6700, I get signed in and the app fails while trying to get the device identifier.

My old ppc 6700 runs mobile 6 just fine. It would be a shame to not have it synced.

2. Josh says:

Working well so far.  Thanks for the quick turnaround.

3. evan-o says:

awesome response time guys…  also, this is the most painless way to sync between mobile and desktop yet.  I’m loving it.

Great update.

4. simonster says:

I’m getting the same as Todd above.  Trying to add a HTC Touch Dual running Wm 6.1.

5. I’m also getting a device id failure on a Sony X1.

6. McHale says:

Still get the same Unsatisfied Dependency error.  I’m running 3.5.  What version is it looking for?

7. derek says:

Live mesh is one of the most amazing programs MS has came out with in years but the cab does not work on my ATT Tilit version 6.1.  I got a limited error message!

It should be standard on every new Windows 7 OS.

Derek

8. Jason Coombes says:

I’ve also tried the new release and although the software installs fine I’m also seeing the installation failed message when it tries to retrieve the device identifier (T-Mobile MDA III / HTC Tytn II).

9. paul says:

same issue, cant get device identifier.

10. When i logon to the US Residents link i do not see the "Use Live Mesh for mobile devices.”

What’s up?

11. nevermind i see it now had to go to add device and it’s a link on that screen.

12. Neb Okla says:

I installed the .CAB on my Windows Mobile 6.1 device (Sprint HTC Mogul).  Upon signing-in I recieve the following message:

Live Mesh is not available.

Live Mesh for Windows Mobile Client is only available to a limited  number of users. You are currently not allowed to add your mobile phone to Live Mesh.

____________

I’ve also noticed that when I sign-in on http://m.mesh.com I don’t get the option to add my device to my mesh that I’ve seen in screenshots at a few sites.  It’s just the normal login.

13. Anthony Milan says:

I keep getting this error when I follow the US link:

Unknown Error.

(Code: f565e626-4034, 10/31/2008 7:16 AM)

14. Ross Dargan says:

Im still getting an error after trying to get the device identifier.

Looks like it will be good when it works!

15. Sam Cavaliere says:

+1 on the not being added to my mesh.  Setup fails on my Pantech Duo when attempting to get the mobile identifier.

16. Mike says:

The one from “m.mesh.com/install/wm6/LiveMesh.cab” worked.

I had installed the one from http://www.mesh.com/Web/MobileDownload.aspx this morning, which links to a download at http://www.mesh.com/install/wm6/LiveMesh.cab instead of “m.mesh.com”–that one doesn’t work.

17. Zack says:

Some people are still having issues adding their phones to their mesh, and one reason is this:

When you click on one of the limited-access signup links, do so *from your PC, not your phone’s browser*.

18. Hegey says:

My Treo Pro dies every time on the ‘Getting Mobile Phone Identifier’…

19. superswiss says:

I was able to install the client on my Treo 750, but it has yet to sync my pictures to the Mobile Picture folder and it has been several hours. I don’t think this is working. It’s supposed to sync every 30 minutes according to the settings.

20. Noah says:

I too am getting "Unsatisfied Dependency" (missing a suitable version of SQL CE on this device).  HTC Hermes running WM6.1.  Help?

21. GoodThings2Life says:

So how soon before LiveMesh gets to permanently replace ActiveSync? lol

22. MSDN Archive says:

To all those receiving either the "Unsatisfied Dependency" error or the "error getting device identifier": We are currently investigating both of these issues and will let you know as soon as we’ve learned anything.

It would help us if we could get logs from as many of you as possible.  Please see the following sticky thread on our Live Mesh for Mobile forum:

23. Announced this week at PDC was the Windows Mobile Live Mesh client.  If you aren’t familiar with

24. Steve says:

anyone still with ‘Getting Mobile Phone Identifier’ error – try the initial sign in on your device through a wifi network and not your grps/3g radio connection. Worked for me anyhoo…

25. eb says:

yep, works fine through wifi… thanks Steve.

26. Filed under: Multimedia , Software Ready to get your Mesh on, Windows Mobile 6.x users? Fantastic. The

27. Announced this week at PDC was the Windows Mobile Live Mesh client.  If you aren’t familiar with

28. Michael Bender says:

I have the new version of Live Mesh, but Mobile Device support still says "coming soon".  Is this expected behavior?

29. Mitch Canter says:

Was looking forward to syncing up my phone to test it, but it says my username isn’t allowed to add my mobile phone.

Oh well – can’t wait till it’s rolled out to the rest of us, ya?

30. John says:

Can you open this up to Canadian residents?

31. Stanley says:

When will this be available in Asia?

32. John says:

I installed it and it says:

Live Mesh is not available

Live Mesh for windows mobile client is only available to a limited number of users. You are currently not allowed to add your mobile phone to Live Mesh

Any Ideas what to do?

33. JamesB says:

I know many consider PocketPC 03 old, out of date and useless however I still get a large amount of use out of mine. It’s sad to see you only supporting Windows Mobile and the cab file will not even extract on PPC03.

I use my unit as a GPS device in the car, a media player for music and movies for the kids when we travel and as a wireless media player hooked into my Bose pulling from my Gigs of music and video stored on my file server. The ability to sync movies and files directly to the PPC via Mesh prior to leaving on a trip or even better to be able to reach out to my file server and add some new content to the PPC just by dropping the file into Mesh would be a huge benefit.

34. vizziato says:

i keep getting the i dont have proper significant sql on my device what gives with that??? it wont let me install the can file and ive got the htc tytn 2 hmmmm….any one with some info please??

35. Esta semana durante el PDC08 en Los Angeles se anuncio la disponibilidad del cliente Live Mesh para Windows

36. http://blogs.msdn.com/livemesh/arch…bile-fixed.aspx "Thank you for using the Live Mesh for Mobile

37. pr0binson says:

Live Mesh (in the UK) is now working on my HTC Touch after trying to connect through WiFi instead fo GPRS

38. garyBr says:

I get a "not enough space" error installing on WM6 but it doesn’t tell me how much I need.

39. 随美国PDC 2008上发布Live Mesh的CTP,Live Mesh for Mobile, for MAC都可以在mesh.com上下载了,但是PDC当天的版本有问题,有些用户安装不上。现在的版本已经没问题了。

40. Augusto says:

Mobile Mesh doesn´t download the updated files to my phone. It syncs, but doesn´t download the files.

41. NanoRuler says:

When I try to sign in to Live Mesh on my phone (HTC Athena 16 GB) I get the following error:

This is despite being in the UK, as per your site. Also, when clicking on the link for UK residents I get an error message:Unknown Error. Code: d472f9d7-2fcd, 03/11/2008 10:52)

Probably more telling is the URL: https://www.mesh.com/Web/Error.aspx&msg=ineligibleForPromo

So come on, you guys, either sort out the software and give us links that work, or clearly spell out who is eligible and who isn’t. Without doing either you will alienate many users who spent hours in vain on your software.

42. madrascafe says:

Hi all

If you’re getting Unsatisfied Dependency errors PLEASE install SQL CE 3.1 version. Just check this link and follow the instructions.. This worked like a charm for me..

43. madrascafe says:

I’m unable to install on the Mac… i read somewhere the mac client has been pulled for fixes.. FYI

44. George Jordanov Ivanov says:

When I try to sign in to Live Mesh on my phone (Blackjack II) using AT&T-US, I get the following error:

45. derek says:

I had the same problem most of you had when the phone says:

Go to the top of this page and click "US residents or UK" and follow the instrustions again.  It worked for me on the AT&T Tilt, which has to be the most disappointing phone ever made, but i still love it.

46. Mark Slavin says:

When using WiFi:

Live Mesh is not available

When using 3G:

‘Getting Mobile Phone Identifier’ error

I WANT to try this please sort it out.

47. Thanks for the Promo Code! I started using Live Mesh before but did not have the option to use the Mobile version because I’m outside the US, but I used the Promo Code posted above and now my phone was added to devices successfully!

48. Richard Green says:

Have the Live Team stopped accepting new users for Live Mesh Mobile currently? I have installed the client but from the client I get a message about not accepting users.

From the Windows machine I get an Unknown Error 76d90946-ad1a.

I’d really like to start sync’ing my Mesh clients with my Windows Mobile device.

49. Augusto says:

Mobile Mesh syncs and download files to my phone’s main memory. It doesn’t download files to the storage card. Can’t wait to be able to install Mobile Mesh in the storage card and be able to sync to it.

50. MeshMess says:

Ok, absolutely none of this is working for me.

#1 the program for my WinMobile PDA gives me this:

#2 the US link above you give us to click on, gives me this:

Unknown Error.

(Code: b6d783f1-86e7, 11/5/2008 6:33 PM)

#3 signing into Live Mesh on my desktop browser gives me no option for adding a mobile device!

And a little tip, try to remember that WinMobile runs on more than phones.

51. jscarano says:

Are there plans to make a version for the iPhone?

52. Mgabriel says:

Thank you! this is a Wonderful application/Service.

The only thing I could think to add to this to make it even better would be a way to "Share" Mesh Desktop/Folders with another Live ID …. ie I have my Laptop / Desktop / Mobile Phone now sync’ing but want to add the Wifes Desktop and Phone to the "Circle" so that we could share files. Specifically our "Camera Folders" on our phones. So when I take a picture on my phone it sync’s with all devices and should have the pictures on the wifes phone.

53. GoodThings2Life says:

Thanks for the release… works great on my Sprint Mogul… but I hope the next release is a little better tuned for VGA resolution like the Sprint Touch Pro.

54. Danny says:

When will will it be opened up for more devices? I’ve tried on two different smartphones, neither one would connect. All I get is the "Live Mesh for Windows Mobile client is only available to  limited number of users. You are currently not allowed to add your mobile phone to Live Mesh"

55. swizzlerz says:

i read somewhere that one guy had is location settings for his pda set to a country other then usa. and then when i reset that to usa it worked fine.  tried this but i would have to switch my locations for everything including my live. account i figure.. ive heard this worked in the past to get things to work.. to much work someone else can give it a try..

56. Chris says:

Live Mesh stopped working for UK users this morning?

All I get is:

"Sign up for a reminder

Thanks for your interest! Live Mesh is currently available in the U.S. only. Click "Sign up" to receive an email when Live Mesh is available in your country/region. "

Even so I have live data on my desktop?

Also my devices don’t log in any more.

Chris (UK)

57. Abbas says:

It would be nice if you maintain a waiting list for interested people as it avoids visiting this page hundred times a day.

58. Larry (US) says:

I have the same experience as Chris (UK) reports.  I’m in the US, and my folders stopped sync-ing sometime yesterday.  early in the day i was able to log into the web desktop, and uploaded a file into a mesh folder.  later in the day i noticed that it had not been updated on my subscribed machines, and it was at that point (11/12/08 ~1:00 PM CST) that I found I could no longer log in to the web desktop.

Halp!  I need my Mesh.

59. Xpien says:

Live mesh is one of the greatest thinks of Microsoft. Thanks to all the team who makes it possible!

60. Bart says:

How will I become one of the limited number of users who are allowed to add our mobile phones?

61. JerryH says:

Hi There,

When will you be adding more spaces to this trial ?

Thks

J

62. Nicko says:

Using Live Mesh in Australia, I can no longer log in to Mesh.com, still use the thingy in the system tray.

63. Kevin D says:

I have waited years for this service. It is superb. Can someone point me into the direction of how to install an installation on my Nokia N95 that will work with WAP?

Many Thanks