Live Mesh Expansion

Amit Mital here – I run the Live Mesh & Developer Platform team. At Web 2.0 in April we announced Live Mesh and opened it up for people to try out our platform experience — the first evidence of what scenarios our platform is capable of enabling.

We said we’d tell you more about Live Mesh and give you access to the platform in the future, allowing you to build your own experiences on top of Live Mesh.  En route to opening up the developer platform we’ve been systematically updating and expanding the tech preview to help us scale out the underlying technology (see behind the mesh). We’ve enjoyed watching our service handling the load, and we want more!

Today we are again increasing the number of available slots in the Live Mesh Technology Preview, and expanding the list of countries that will allow sign-up without a wait list to include Canada, India and Ireland! (although you still need to run with an English locale for now.) This is in addition to the availability we’ve previously announced for USA, UK, Australia and New Zealand (see coverage map).

The experience you see today is just tip of the iceberg!  To see what the Live Mesh platform is capable of, check out the Channel 9 videos, and try out the user experience.  We’re eager for you help to keep pushing our scale, and your feedback!

We do still have a maximum limit on the number of users we’ll allow into the Technology Preview, but as long as we’re below the limit, anyone in the countries above can sign-up today with no delays or wait list.

Technorati Tags:

1. Amit Mital just announced at dev.live.com (and the Live Mesh blog ) we are expanding the technical preview

2. Amit Mital just announced at dev.live.com and the Live Mesh blog that they are expanding the technical

3. I received this heads-up from Microsoft today: The Live Mesh team is expanding the list of countries

4. In order to expand testing of the underlying technology, the Mesh team continues to expand the availability

5. Alexb says:

Even though I am in the UK when I sign up, I get a message saying that particiption is US only!

Please Help!

6. sp1der says:

Hi,

when will available in Italy?

Thanks

7. Mark Lomas says:

Great!  Any news on the Mac client?

8. Voilà, c’est annoncé sur le blog de Amit Mital (Lead du projet Mesh) ainsi que sur celui de Angus Logan

9. This is great…now available in Canada, eh?

10. The Windows Live team announced expansion of the Live Mesh CTP to Canada, India and Ireland.   Live

11. Live Mesh is a phenomenal piece of technology that I’ve had the opportunity to test for the past few

12. Terrance says:

I’m in the US but when I tried to sign in I got:

"Live Mesh is currently available in the U.S. only. Click "Sign up" to receive an email when Live Mesh is available in your country/region."

I *am* in the US and I need my crystal mesh!

13. White Eagle says:

Meshing from India. Great experiance.

14. I love Live Mesh. I just stumbled on a feature that you should DEFINITELY publish in your blog– although it’s required to sign into Mesh, you can add devices to your Mesh and still use them, even if somebody else uses MOE under a different ID.

I mean, it should be common sense, but that feature actually was lost to me until I accidentally clicked "connect"– the grey Offline box is very daunting.

15. sp1der says:

when will be available in Italy?

16. EBM says:

When is Mesh going to start offering support for Blackberries and other smart phones?

17. Richard Broadhurst says:

Aloha, When will Live Mesh make its way to Hawaii, USA?!

18. Joel says:

When will mobile and Mac clients be available? I need them ..

19. MSDN Archive says:

@ Alexb, Terrance,

In order to use Live Mesh, you need to make sure that you’ve completely filled out all the information in your Live ID Profile – particularly your Country/Region.  The problem your hitting trying to use Live Mesh could be caused by that field being blank in your Live ID Profile.

20. MSDN Archive says:

@ Broadhurst,

Live Mesh is already available in the U.S.!  If you’re having problems signing up please make sure that you’ve completely filled out the information in your Live ID Profile – particularly the Country/Region field.

21. Luis says:

I love Live Mesh, but for the upcoming versions think about edit Office products online, I prefer Mesh than Office Live.

Congratulations!!!

22. Mizuho says:

Will Mesh be available in China any time soon?  Even just in English?

23. Jeff says:

This is an awesome tool.  No more need to fool with web folders!

I do have a few suggestions.  Where can I send my comments?

24. MSDN Archive says:

@ Jeff,

There are a number of ways to submit comments and suggestions.  The best two are probably our forums and feedback.live.com.

The forums have a Wish List thread for suggestions, as well as an active and healthy support community: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/LiveMesh/threads/

And anonymous feedback can be left at:

25. Voilà, c’est annoncé sur le blog de Amit Mital (Lead du projet Mesh) ainsi que sur celui de Angus Logan