We’re continually working to fix bugs reported by our Tech Preview users, as well as implement popular feature requests (hello UAC ;). We pushed a new update out last night (version 0.9.2815.17) that includes some key fixes noted below. You’ll be automatically notified of the update by your Live Mesh client software, or you can right click the Notifier icon in the system tray and choose “Update Live Mesh” to force an immediate upgrade.
Thank you for all your great feedback, and keep it coming! You can submit (and view others’) feedback and bugs here on the Microsoft Connect website. Read and participate in the forums for current discussions about fixes, problems, and ways people are incorporating Live Mesh into their daily routines. Send us private feedback using our online contact form.
- Live Mesh is now available in all English-speaking countries (not just the U.S.)
- Removed the User Account Control (UAC) requirement when installing and using Live Mesh with Windows Vista SP1 (as promised)
- Index for Desktop Search now works with Live Mesh folders
- Fixed bug where an underscore in a Hotmail account name returned an “Invalid Hotmail Address” error
- Fixed bug with Silverlight 2 Beta 2 failing to load in Silverlight Media View
- Fixed bug where the notifier tooltip incorrectly indicated that Live Mesh Remote Desktop was unavailable for a computer running in non-admin mode
- Fixed bug where the Live Mesh folder icon was not displayed in the e-mail inviting someone to share a folder
- Fixed one of the bugs that caused Live Mesh to fail to start
- Fixed problem with Live Mesh returning errors when waking from sleep/hibernate