Service update: New build released

We’ve been listening to your feedback here and on the forum, and made a number of bug fixes and changes to better suit you. The update will be published later today. You may notice a slowdown in service or some display issues (missing icons, folders slow or not synchronizing) while the servers update. If you are still seeing these problems after the 20th, please report them!

To install the new version

· Use Live Mesh! New updates will automatically apply when you log in.

Tell us what you think

· Read and participate in the forums for current discussions about fixes, problems, and ways people are incorporating Live Mesh into their daily routines.

Invite your friends and family

· Share a folder with your family or friends so they can experience Live Mesh, too.

What we fixed

News

· News not appearing until a second person has logged in.

Language settings

· Fixed date format and removed region requirement. You still need to set your OS language to English.

· User names with non-US-ASCIIcharacters are now supported.

Notifier

· Fixed device appearing offline in the notifier but showing online on your Live Desktop.

· Fixed synchronization failure when the network is unavailable.

Explorer

· Fixed the Windows Explorer crash when folders were closed

· Fixed the Windows XP “Roaming Desktop Icons” issue with Live Mesh Remote Desktop.

· Fixed the mesh bar not always opening when you open a Live Mesh folder

Live Desktop

· Fixed the “I’m interested in” in your Windows Live ID profile to be correctly viewed. No longer will you be “searching for love and romance” when you really wanted “Enterprise Networking.”

Live Mesh

· Fixed logs not being collected when your Windows XP login name has a space in it

· Fixed SilverLight version error with the Beta release

· Fixed SilverLight Play and Pause buttons being swapped around

· Fixed login names with a single character domain (livemesh @ m.com) not working correctly

Thank you for your time and participation!

Technorati Tags:

1. NC says:

This update fixed the date format problem. Since i’ve been using Live Mesh that my date format was in US-English. Today i switch back to Portuguese. Thanks.

But i still need my OS in English. When will this be fixed also?

Live Mesh is awsome. Congratulations.

2. Arne says:

You say you have removed the region requirement. Do this mean you will start inviting non-us folks to the tech preview?

3. dovella says:

hi team, im Italian,

Pls i can recive Invite??

i have Vista ultimate with sp1 English (Mui Italian)

i wait in connect to some some time ๐Ÿ™

it’s possible recive invite??

THX (excuse me my poor english )

4. dovella says:

@Alan Roberts

yes PLS.  many many thx!!!!!!!!!

dovellla@msn.com

THX!!!!!!!

5. arsvendg says:

Does this mean you will start rolling this out to an more countries than the US?

6. Greg Duncan says:

Very nice…

I’m really digging Mesh and can’t wait to do more with it.

And thanks for the roaming desktop icon fix. That was really bugging me… (LOL. Sometimes it’s the little things… ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks again,

Greg

7. Ryan Lane says:

This is fantastic!  Thank you for all the hard work your team is putting in to this.

My team has been trying out mesh for and everyone was grumpy about the desktop icons on XP issue.  I’m on Vista so I didn’t have the problem.

8. Maxime says:

I want to try Live mesh!

If someone have invitation…;)

max_h_91 (AT)­ live.ca

=-=-=

When the next beta???

9. Siebe Tolsma says:

PLEASE remove the requirement for UAC. If I don’t want UAC, that’s my business, and should not stop me from using Live Mesh.. I currently don’t use it for this one very import reason. Boo.

10. MSDN Archive says:

@non-US questions

Yes!  We will begin inviting people from English-speaking, non-US countries soon!  (Though, unfortunately, we are unable to provide a timeline for including non-English-speaking countries.)

11. MSDN Archive says:

@Siebe Tolsma

You may want to look (or may have already looked) at our blog entry on the UAC requirement, and the comments that follow.

The good news is that the UAC requirement is being removed.  We’re just not *quite* ready to do so yet.  We will make an announcement on the blog when the UAC requirement has been lifted.

12. n-blue says:

My Vista is English version but this updat still show same error. It want english version of vista. I think you show the wrong error, only date time and unicode is non-eng but the OS is Eng.

13. El Guapo says:

Still no install for a Server OS?

๐Ÿ™

14. barlog says:

ๅ–ใ‚Šๆ€ฅใŽๆ˜จๆ—ฅใฎๆ›ดๆ–ฐใงใ„ใใคใ‹ใฎๅˆถ้™ใŒ่งฃ้™คใ•ใ‚Œใ€ใ‚ˆใ†ใ‚„ใๆ—ฅๆœฌใ‹ใ‚‰ใ‚‚ใ‚ตใ‚คใƒณใƒŠใƒƒใƒ—ใงใใ‚‹ใ‚ˆใ†ใซใชใ‚Šใพใ—ใŸใ€‚ Live Mesh Team Blog ใŸใ  Live M…

15. Siebe tolsma says:

@jsbenjamin:

Thanks! I will be looking forward to a UAC-free Live Mesh.

16. Ali says:

I got my invite over the weekend.  Ditched Foldershare and am now using Mesh and I’m very impressed.

I have a Windows HomeServer and, great as it is, one thing that would make Mesh more worthwhile would be to have a HomeServer client so I could automatically sync my music and photos to it (and then my 360 can access my updated library).

17. Timothy says:

Could you let us know when UAC … might … be ready (just a heads up… like “we hope to get it in the next week (month, year?)”

Oh yeah, btw… If you turn on UAC… install mesh… set it to auto run… uninstall UAC… it still runs even though you don’t thinik it does ๐Ÿ™‚

I can log into my home machine via the remote desktop part… (which is Vista with UAC turned off), the only part that isn’t working is the folder sync stuff.

Thanks,

-Timothy

18. Justin. says:

I was keen to see what this was all about, I’m very impressed.

I see very big potential for this, it will help me slove issues with my parents computer once i add them ( there some 400kms away from me), using the remote conection technlology.

Install went well no issues so far, just getting use to it.

Here’s a great vid for you all,

Just CP it.

Cheers,

Justin.

19. When I saw the name of this particular technology ( Live Mesh ), I admit that the image it inspired was

20. Darius says:

Hey it all updates just fine, just on restarting explorer mesh wasn’t fully updated as it had promised me! I had to manually close it and reopen it for the update to be applied.