June provided another great month of articles and samples. If you have missed past content rollups, you can check them all out here: LightSwitch Community & Content Rollups.
Jan Van der Haegen announced ‘his new baby,’ www.app-stitch.com this month. In his own words “If LightSwitch was designed to take 80% off your development time by removing the tedium involved with designing entities, queries and screens, app-stitch is designed to take another 80% out of your remaining 20% by allowing you to design your business logic!”
App-stitch is a NuGet package that can be added to your LightSwitch server project.
Tell Us What You Want on UserVoice – Really!
Visual Studio’s UserVoice site is the place to make product suggestions and let us know what you would like to see in future versions of the Visual Studio suite of products. These suggestions are voted on by the community, which lets us know the rank of importance from our customers. Product teams in Visual Studio then evaluate these suggestions when planning the next set of features.
Over the last couple years, as we brought LightSwitch to HTML and Office 365, we realize that many of the LightSwitch suggestions are based on early product versions and we need to make a call on those. This month the team went through the highly voted LightSwitch UserVoice suggestions and reviewed each one carefully and either declined, completed or marked them under review based on the current product. If you feel like a critical feature suggestion was declined, please enter a new suggestion. If the community agrees, we will re-evaluate.
We’re trying to make the UserVoice site more valuable for both you and us – we will now be carefully monitoring suggestions here so please utilize this service to help us plan product features.
More Notable Content This Month
Did I miss anything significant? Post a comment below!
Extensions & packages released this month
- Syncfusion Mobile CRM (LightSwitch mobile sample)
- Using TypeScript with LightSwitch in Visual Studio 2013
- 100-point app (voting website)
- 100-point app (admin website)
- Debugging your LightSwitch Application in Microsoft Azure Web Sites
- Azure Web Site Enhancements
- Getting TypeScript to Work with a LightSwitch HTML Project
Community Rock Star Articles
Thanks everyone for your awesome contributions in June!
- New Syncfusion eBook: #LightSwitch mobile business apps Succinctly
- Introducing app-stitch (beta)!
- How to setup SAP HANA in Microsoft Azure and connect to Power Pivot in Excel
- It’s good to touch the green green grass of Test Explorer in LightSwitch (part 1/n)
- Exploring SharePoint 2013 Visual Studio Cloud Business Apps (LightSwitch)
- Creating A LightSwitch SharePoint 2013 Multi-Tenant Provider-Hosted Application
- Implementing Documents in a SharePoint 2013 Cloud Business App (LightSwitch)
Thanks to all our LightSwitch forums contributors! Simon Jones tops the contributors list for this month. Thank you, everyone, for helping make the LightSwitch community a better place. It’s selfless dedication like this that makes our community rock.
Keep up the great work!
LightSwitch Team Community Sites
Become a fan of Visual Studio LightSwitch on Facebook. Have fun and interact with us on our wall. Check out the cool stories and resources. Here are some other places you can find the LightSwitch team:
-Elizabeth Maher, Senior SDET, Cloud Business Apps Team
Elizabeth is a Senior SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) on the Visual Studio team focused on LightSwitch as well as tooling for Office and Azure. She has been a member of the LightSwitch team since the beginning. Previously, Elizabeth worked on ClickOnce deployment.
On rainy weekends, Elizabeth, her husband and small children can often be found at the local rock climbing gym. Elizabeth takes advantage of living in the Evergreen state during those rare sunny weekends by hiking and camping at the nearby national parks.
Catch her on Twitter @PlanetMaher.