At the Share FEST conference hosted by NextDocs at the Loews Hotel in Philadelphia this week. For those of you following me on Twitter, you’ll know that there are some interesting things happening today and tomorrow. I’ll give a full recap of the show in a blog post tomorrow, but figured I’d share the highlights.
The conference, as positioned by Matt Walz (CTO, NextDocs) was to be all about SharePoint in Life Sciences – with presentations and case studies from a wide variety of companies on all the various ways they’ve utilized SharePoint in their organizations. To say there was significant demand for such a conference is an understatement: well over 350 people in attendance representing over 100 companies and organizations.
A couple thoughts on the first day:
- First of all, kudos to NextDocs for organizing the conference and a fantastic line-up of speakers and exhibitors.
- My presentation – which was an overview of all the different areas that SharePoint is used in Life Science companies is available on my SkyDrive at:
- There are still questions on SharePoint and Part 11 Compliance / validation. If you haven’t seen the whitepaper on the topic, check it out at our Life Sciences MSDN site: http://msdn.microsoft.com/architecture/lifesciences
- I saw a very exciting demo from Extedo (http://www.extedo.com) on their eCTD Builder which is completely implemented in SharePoint.
- Even goes so far as to implement the eCTD navigation and links in SharePoint!
I’ll post more thoughts tomorrow – but to those of you who were unable to attend (the show was sold out) – be sure to follow the show on Twitter and on the show’s website at http://www.sharefestconference.com