1. Could you please tell us a bit about yourself and your background?
My name is Elie Abou Zeid. I’m a software engineer currently working at InMobiles Company at the Windows Phone department.
2. How the idea of the #applicationname came to you?
The application was a mixture between my first game app on Windows Phone (Space Bubbles) and an idea that came to Mr. Ghassan Chahine, DPE at Microsoft Lebanon, while I was following the Windows Phone Development Program.
3. Why you decided to implement this idea specifically on Windows8/Windows Phone/Azure?
The idea was implemented as part of a number of required applications that must be completed in the Windows Phone Development Program.
4. What resources on Microsoft or community side you found most helpful while working on the app? Could you please take us on a quick tour to understand your application better?
The documentation for Windows Phone was exhaustive, and targeting beginners, which I was at the time, Charles Petzold’s “Programming Windows Phone” e-book is amazing, as well as Microsoft’s Dreamspark program, which is a great package solution for students wanting to develop and use amazing tools for this matter. The application is “FlyKiller” and it was developed on the XNA framework, which is conceived by Microsoft to provide a set of tools for game development. It consists of a multi-level game, in which the user must kill all the flies he can in order to win, each level consisting of a new challenge to take.
5. What are your interests behind technology?
Behind technology are the minds breaking through and the creation of innovative solutions so that others can fulfill their needs, thus making their lives easier. Programming is what enthuses me the most, and especially the mobile world which is recently becoming the trend for millions of people.
6. Any plans for news apps or projects in general?
Currently, I am developing Windows Phone Silverlight apps as part of my job, and developing interest in the research field on my free time.
7. What would you advise to Developers in the region who also would like to become #MEAHero?
I would advise them to start developing today. The tools are there, the community is growing bigger… All it takes is an idea.
8. Where the community can catch up with you online or offline?
They can reach me via email on: email@example.com, on facebook: www.facebook.com/elie.abouzeid, and via twitter on: @ElieAbouZeid