Today at BUILD Conference, Microsoft showcased a detailed preview of the next major release of Windows, code-named “Windows 8”. You can now download the Windows Developer Preview. Windows Developer Preview is a pre-beta version of Windows 8 for developers.
- Windows Developer Preview with developer tools English, 64-bit (x64) 4.8 GB
- Windows Developer Preview English, 64-bit (x64) 3.6 GB
- Windows Developer Preview English, 32-bit (x86) 2.8 GB
Windows Developer Preview works great on the same hardware that powers Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- Taking advantage of touch input requires a screen that supports multi-touch
Note: Windows Developer Preview is not stable, operate correctly or work the way the final version of the software will. It should not be used in a production environment.