Microsoft recently launched the Bing Bar, which you can download from here. The new Bing Bar brings easy access to things like search, Facebook, e-mail, Bing Rewards, maps, games and more without leaving the Web page you’re on.
“We took a back to basics approach for this release, guided by one key principle: make the stuff you do every day online easier,” said Joshua Schnoll from the Bing team.
“We took a look at what makes our customers happy, how people use our products, and where they spend time online. The feedback was clear. People want an easy way to stay informed about the things they care about (such as Facebook, email, breaking news, weather and traffic).”
“Each of the different buttons has several notification states. In addition to Facebook and E-mail alerts we also provide short alerts for breaking news (with a short summary of the headlines), weather advisories (like the Winter Storm Warning below), translation alerts (when there is web content available for translation), new Bing Rewards offers and much more,” Schnoll added.
You may also like to check out:
- Bing Maps and Bing for Mobile integrated into Toyota Entune
- Bing for iPhone and iPod Touch Updated!
- Evolution of Bing Design
- Windows 7 Theme – Best of Bing (China)
- Windows 7 Theme – Best of Bing 5
- Bing gets 5% increase in Search activity in December 2010
- Kim Kardashian is the most Searched Celebrity of 2010 on Bing
- 365 Days of Bing – January 2010