Bing team demoed some new possibilities from the combination of fully hardware accelerated HTML5 in IE9. Some of the things that were showed today include:
- Animations that make search come alive, making Bing’s signature home page image an even more engaging experience.
- Smooth and beautiful transitions. Transitions are seamless from query to search results and then back again, and gone are the jarring page flips of the past.
- Previews of images, videos and text are bigger, bolder and easier to trigger
- In addition to being able to pin Bing directly to your Windows 7 task bar, Bing Team have already pre-programmed an IE9 “Jump List” for the most important search tasks, from shopping and travel to maps, news and entertainment. Key features of Bing are just a single click away.
- A smooth scrolling feature provides better utilization of screen real estate, keeping horizontal, right- and left-hand navigation and the search entry box all in place while you scroll through results
- Transitions in “Quick Tabs”, horizontal navigation feature and “Visual Search”, our search and refinement feature which allows you to search using images instead of typing keywords, are both presented in a more powerful and application-like experience.