Beat that: A 1-yr old Indian kid has her own blog!

I know dads who are happy if their baby says an intelligible word when she is 1, some are happy if she can take a few steps that resemble a trot and yet others are happy if they recognize old faces... But this dad has to be extra proud - cos his daughter has her own Blog!. No she aint called a baby Scoble - but "Jaagruthi"  and she talks, converses and talks about a surprise visit of her uncle at her own blog.

Ok - so it aint really written by her - but it is her blog. Thanx to hyper-expressive Dad - Jagadish, who is from my hometown and I went to college with in NTU-Singapore. Enough said - Jagadish hasnt changed one bit 🙂 Good for him!

But this blog made me think about some questions. I know parents taking a million pictures about their babies through their growing years and sharing it with friends.... but a blog-share is something else. At what point will the daughter take over her own blog? would she even? What if she turns out to be a very shy, bashful girl who is not comfortable sharing her life in the open??? At what point would her life be hers - and what if she wants to retract her own life-content of the web!?!

Ofcourse When I ask these qns - I ask the qn myself. I am an open, vocal, expressive, in your face person. But then if my dad has written a blog about me when I grew up - what would my reaction be? Would that affect my growing years? How would it? More importantly - would I even think he was invading my privacy ??

All that said - Jaagruthi's blog is fun, warm and totally cool. Give it a visit.

1. Samuel Jack says:

I think my daughter beats that: she posted her first entry on April 6th, 4 days after she was born!

I did think about privacy issues: I advised her not to use her real name on the blog – she uses the name we called her by whilst she was still inside: Squiggler. She is also careful about the kind of pictures she posts – although her daddy has taken the obligatory baby-screaming-in-bath photo, she is keeping these to the family!

You can see the blog at http://squiggler.blogspot.com

2. Garry Trinder says:

A friend of mine has a website for their baby. It started even before their baby was born.

3. My daughter posted her heartbeat when she was in the womb 3 months. She is still not born. http://www.jasncab.com/kennedy So I guess that makes it -6 months old?

Check it out for details, but it will be hard to beat I think.

My four year old has an audio blog at

4. Pradeep UN says:

But Jason – your daughter doesnt have her own Blog… A Post doesnt count 🙂

Samuel Jack: has a photo-based Album-Blog which is totally of Squiggler 🙂 Cute. Which I must say I have seen quite a few parents have in the past.

What I found unique in Jaagruthi’s Blog was that it was rich in text and thoughts than just captures in picture. It was the dad thinking like the kid and helping her express as opposed to capturing the moment in pics and captions.

Thx for the comments all 🙂

5. I dont know what that means.. A post doenst count.

She blogs her heartbeat and I post my feelings. My 4 year old posts her own voice.

Surely you dont think the 1 year old types out her own messages?

6. Pradeep UN says:

Well Jason – this wasnt really "her writing" it was her dad writing for her. So it doesnt "Count".

But then its cool that a 1 yr old has a blog!

Subtle difference there. Its inheritance of a heritage.

7. I know dads who are happy if their baby says an intelligible word when she is 1, some are happy if she can take a few steps that resemble a trot and yet others are happy if they recognize old faces… But this dad has to be extra proud – cos his daughter has her own Blog!. No she aint called a baby Scoble – but "Jaagruthi"  and she talks, converses and talks about a surprise visit of her uncle at her own blog.

I do not agree. Go to http://www.hotelshomes.info/jihad_Czech%20Republic/snip_West%20Czech/amphibia_Prague_1.html

I do not agree. Go to http://www.krakowhotelonline.info

9. gimp Glasgow says:

I do not agree. Go to http://www.hotelsmall.info/laurel_United%20Kingdom/abstruse_Scotland/gimp_Glasgow_1.html

10. ... says:

luogo interessante, soddisfare interessante, buon!

11. ... says:

Luogo molto buon:) Buona fortuna!

12. ... says:

E evidente che il luogo e stato fatto dalla persona che realmente conosce il mestiere!

13. ... says:

luogo interessante, soddisfare interessante, buon!

14. ... says:

Lo trovo piuttosto impressionante. Lavoro grande fatto..)

15. ... says:

Stupore! ho una sensibilit molto buona circa il vostro luogo!!!!

16. I know dads who are happy if their baby says an intelligible word when she is 1, some are happy if she can take a few steps that resemble a trot and yet others are happy if they recognize old faces… But this dad has to be extra proud – cos his daughter has her own Blog!. No she aint called a baby Scoble – but "Jaagruthi"  and she talks, converses and talks about a surprise visit of her uncle at her own blog.

I do not agree. Go to http://www.employmentzs.info/disapproval_Spain/receive_Catalu%C3%83%C2%B1a/orthogonal_Barcelona_1.html

17. ... says:

luogo interessante, soddisfare interessante, buon!

18. I know dads who are happy if their baby says an intelligible word when she is 1, some are happy if she can take a few steps that resemble a trot and yet others are happy if they recognize old faces… But this dad has to be extra proud – cos his daughter has her own Blog!. No she aint called a baby Scoble – but "Jaagruthi"  and she talks, converses and talks about a surprise visit of her uncle at her own blog.

I do not agree. Go to http://apartments.waw.pl/

Comments are closed.