The Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services team is happy to announce the immediate availability of the release notes for LCS (December 2017, release 1).
Package rollback updates
In this release of LCS, the following changes were made to the package rollback experience:
- During rollback, the environment status will show Servicing status: Rollback in progress instead of Rollback status: In progress.
- When roll back completes successfully and is signed off, the update status on the History page will show Rollback signed off.
Environment upgrade scheduler
Based on previous conflicts when scheduling environment upgrades, this release of LCS provides more visibility into the availability of the Service Engineering team for upgrades and allows you to pick from available time slots. When you click Maintain and Upgrade from your Environment details page, you’ll be able to select a date and time from a list of available timeslots. All times are shown in your local time zone.
Solution package with global (restricted) scope can be imported into Asset library by users with solution permission
The Solution package creator includes the following as a part of the solution package creation process:
- Service license agreement
Solution package with global (restricted) scope can be deactivated by solution owner
A solution owner can deactivate a solution package with scope 'global (restricted)' that they have created. The solution users (persons invited at solution level) will be notified by email and the solution package and associated assets will be deactivated in their Asset library.
To deactivate the solution package, click Deactivate on the Solution management form.
The solution package user will receive an email notification that the solution is being deactivated. Assets in the Asset library will be marked as deactivated at the solution package and individual asset level.
- Receive email notification that the solution package is being deactivated.
- Assets will be marked as Deactivated in their Asset library at both the solution package and individual asset levels.
Reconfigure your Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Enterprise edition environment
You can now reconfigure your existing environments to update your environment from LCS with a new configuration or take a new platform update or topology. For more information about how to do this, see Reconfigure your environment.
This is available to all on-premises environments that have a local agent on or above version 188.8.131.52. For more information about taking the latest update, see Update the local agent.
LCS support experience
In the December release of LCS, we have updated the Cloud-powered support UI and the process for submitting an incident to Microsoft from the LCS support portal.
- In LCS, click the Support tile or click the drop down menu and select Support. To submit issues directly to Microsoft, go to Support in your LCS project.
- On the Work items page, on the Submitted to Microsoft tab, click Submit an incident.
- Before you submit an incident, use Issue Search to search for existing solutions. Enter a description, object path, or other information related to the issue and click the search icon.
- If you can’t find an existing solution to your issue, click Create incident to create a new incident.
- On the Submit an incident page, select an issue category and then select an issue area.
- In the Describe your issue window, enter the following information:
- Toggle Yes if the issue occurred in an environment and select the environment name.
- In the Title field, enter a short description of your issue.
- Provide details and repro steps for the issue.
- If applicable, enter any error messages you received.
- If possible, attach screenshots that illustrate the problem. To do this, click Attach file from computer.
- Enter the primary contact information. This information will be used by the customer support team to contact you about the incident.
- Select the support contract and the severity level.
- On-premises products have limited incident counts. If you have an on-premises product and you have multiple support tier contracts, select which support option to use.
- Cloud products have unlimited incidents. Because of this, we will provide you with the best available support plan.
- Click Submit.
Search for project work items in Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
The Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) administrator can publish project work items to your organization users by tagging the work items with #SearchableInFinanceAndOperations. The tagged work items will be searchable for users from the client-support search box. The search result includes tagged VSTS work items and Microsoft published updates and fixes.
When you access the published VSTS work items from the support search box, the work item's type, title, state, and description will be shown in a new browser tab with view mode. Users with specific permissions can edit the work item in VSTS.
Note: Published VSTS work items are only visible to the users in your organization.