The Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services team is happy to announce the immediate availability of the May release of Lifecycle Services which shipped successfully over the weekend using uninterrupted deployment framework.
- A new AX 2012 R3 update experience is now publicly available on the Environments page. You can find additional information here.
- AxUtil build validation has been removed from Customization analysis. Customization analysis can now process any model files regardless of the exported AxUtil version.
- If Cloud-powered support cannot infer the kernel version when creating a VM, a VM with the latest kernel version that’s available will be provisioned.
- Several new features are available for Cloud-hosted environments:
- Infrastructure estimator can now include the following in estimations: Remote Desktop Services servers, Help servers, and G- series VMs.
- The Azure VM Agent is now automatically deployed with every VM deployed via LCS.
- Deployment times for topologies have been reduced by 20-40%* due to the following changes:
- Azure gallery images: All pre-req VHDs are distributed via the Azure worldwide network.
- VMs of a like type in a topology are now configured at the same time.
- Storage commitments have been reduced due to the following changes:
- Copies of VHD files (which were used to create the VMs in your environment) are no longer saved in your storage account.
- Previously, AX 2012 installation files and demo data files were stored on separate disk drives in SQL Server deployments. They are now stored on the same disk drive, which frees up a disk for your use.
- Storage accounts are now Locally Redundant Storage (LRS) accounts, rather than Geographically Redundant Storage (GRS) accounts.
- We’ve aligned to SQL Server best practices of 64k cluster size. This results in up to a 20% increase in performance.
*Does not include Demo VMs
- Issue search now:
- Displays details that indicate when a fix applies to the application, kernel, or both.
- Has received significant performance upgrades.
- Enhancements have been made to the System diagnostic service. We recommend that you install the latest version of the System diagnostic on-premises component.