The Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services team is happy to announce the immediate availability of the January release of Lifecycle Services.
This release includes a reworked experience with several preview features. These include:
- Methodology tasks can now be ordered
- Beta feature management allows users to see and play with available betas and previews.
- Infrastructure estimator now estimates D-series Azure resources and provides warnings and statistics when implementations are too large to size.
- Issue Search now lists Management Reporter 2012 and Connector for Microsoft Dynamics issues.
- Cloud powered support now automatically installs AX 2012 R3 application hotfixes for environments that require them.
- System Diagnostics has added 24 new rules around SQL and database settings. Details below.
- Priority Boost SQL Server configuration setting has been changed from the default value
- Max Degree of Parallelism not set to 1
- Max server memory not set to an optimal value
- Lightweight pooling is enabled
- Max worker threads has been modified
- Auto Create Statistics option disabled for the Dynamics AX database
- Full recovery model not implemented for Dynamics AX databases
- Auto Update Statistics option disabled for Dynamics AX database
- Auto Close option enabled for the Dynamics AX database
- Auto Shrink option enabled for the Dynamics AX database
- Read Committed Snapshot Isolation (RCSI) database option not enabled for the Dynamics AX database
- Allow Snapshot Isolation is enabled for the Dynamics AX database
- TempDB and Dynamics AX database collations do not match
- Dynamics AX data file located on system drive
- TempDB files not equal in size
- TempDB log file auto growth increment not a fixed size between 100 MB and 500 MB
- TempDB log file too small
- Dynamics AX log file located on system drive
- TempDB data file located on system drive
- Dynamics AX database data file auto growth increment not a fixed size between 100 MB and 500 MB
- Dynamics AX database log file auto growth increment not a fixed size between 100 MB and 500 MB
- Number of TempDB files not optimal
- Dynamics AX database log low on free space
- Page life expectancy less than 1200 seconds