October release notes

The Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services team is happy to announce the immediate availability of the October release of Lifecycle Services.

NEW FEATURES

• In Business process modeler, you can now:
    • Search for business processes and artifacts
    • Reorder tasks in hierarchies

• The Configuration manager tool has been released in beta. It allows you to:
    • Save configurations, and store them locally or in the cloud
    • Copy a configuration from one system to another
  • The Customization analysis service has an improved report that provides a heat map for
    • Estimated performance impact
    • Estimated functional impact
    • Rule reliability
    • Estimated effort to fix an issue

• The Upgrade analysis tool now includes an impact analysis heat map

• We have provided more informative and actionable error messages to handle common scenarios that users may encounter when signing in to Lifecycle Services, such as expired services plans.

1. Claudia says:

Hi.  When working with the BPM, I have noticed that when editing the properties of a task and saving the description and name defaults back to the original description.  Also when adding a task (gap) to the flowchart, the attachment link, fulfilment category, effort days, and gap ID are no longer available. Regards Claudia

2. Claudia,

Thank you for the note. We are aware of this issue and are working on a hotfix for it. The hotfix will be available in production latest by 10/9 EOD PST.

3. Baber says:

Hi,

I just ran the upgrade analysis on AX 2012 feature pack model store. I wanted to know what is the purpose of Cost Index column under the change analysis sheet in the excel file generated?

4. Andrew Jewsbury says:

Hi - The cost index is a weighting index.  The idea is that you can change the weight in the index.  We have base indexes that we used.  We believe resolving queries is expensive, but properties are inexpensive.  We know it is dependent per team.  So it's customizable.

Does that help?

5. Rav says:

I can't find Upgrade analysis tool. Anybody can help me?

6. Claudia,

We have shipped a hotfix to address the issues you reported. Can you please try it and let us know if you find any issues.

7. Rav,

What is the LCS project type that you are using? You can find this in the "Project list" page under "Project type".

Upgrade analysis is available for "Upgrade" project type.

8. Rav says:

Shefy Manayil Kareem ,

thanks but in "Project type" I have only 2 options- "Pre-sales" and "Learn"

9. You can find upgrade analysis in learn project type.

10. Rav says:

OK, when I create a new learn project type, there is. In created earlier there isn't Thanks for your effort!

11. Raza says:

Hi Shefy, I remember one of the October release had an option for uploading documents on LCS rather than using URL - However when I read about what's new in upcoming release, I didn't see that as an enhancement - I hope that's included not just I am dreaming about it.

12. TrickyPete says:

Hi Shefy, I'm having a problem uploading a model store file to the Customization Analysis app. The only file type I'm offered is "Model Store" but the file size is nearly 3Gb so is rejected due to the 2Gb limit. I've also tried zipping the file but then receive a file type mismatch error. Any suggestions?

13. I might need some background here.

Is the question about upgrade analysis or customization analysis?

Upgrade analysis takes model store as input while customization analysis only takes AX model files as input and not model stores.

14. Raza,

Are you talking about SharePoint integration and project methodology? That feature is currently in private preview for selected participants and it will go public preview tentatively with the next planned update.

15. Topar Tamas says:

When do you plan to release Configuration manager?

Skip to main content