April release notes

The Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services team is happy to announce the immediate availability of the April release of Lifecycle Services.

This release saw the addition of 1 all new feature and 34 bug fixes.

NEW FEATURES

– Copy a business process library

You can use the new copy feature by right clicking on a library, then selecting the Copy button.

1. 34 bug fixes says:

where can we see what's been fixed?

2. Kerches says:

When will be availiable the integration with Windows Azure to deploy VMs? Only when launch R3? thanks

3. Raza says:

I noticed today when I try to upload R3 environment for system Diagnostics – It does't work, is it not supported yet?

4. Jared Lambert says:

Hi Raza and Kerches,

R3 support and the Windows Azure deployment portal will be available when R3 ships on May 1st.

5. Jared Lambert says:

We don't provide detailed descriptions of bug fixes at this time. If a specific bug is widely seen, we'll call it out in the release notes.

6. Raza says:

Kerches, I believe most of the information is available on Issue search feature of MS Dynamics Services – It has what's been fixed, what is outstanding etc.

Jared, Thanks for your response, however second part of my question is still unanswered? Would mind please let me know "Upgrade Analysis doesn't include upgrade from R2 to CU7 or R3? Is it not supported? or am I missing how to do that?"

7. Jared Lambert says:

Raza,

We don't currently support minor version upgrade (R1->R3, R2->R3, etc). However this is a feature currently in development. We won't have it ready for release on May 1, but we hope to release it a month or two afterwards.

8. Herbert Backhausen says:

Will there be an option to add duties to the License Estimator? We are having issues adding licenses for ISV solutions to the report. Another option would be to be able to set the license per role and not let the selection of duties drive whether this is an enterprise or a functional user.

9. Claus Andersen, EG A/S says:

Hi Jared,

Where/how can I see what has been changed (bugs) in the releases?

Are the APQC content being updated in a release, or is the update happening independent from that? And if so, how do I get to now when something is added/changed?

/Claus A.

10. Jared Lambert says:

Hi Herbert,

Currently we don't have a way to create new duties for an ISV solution. That said, we have an item in our backlog to enable this functionality. We'd also like to use the diagnostic data to pull roles, duties, and licenses from an existing system too. I currently can't give a good time estimate on when this is coming, as it will most likely fit between other features in the roadmap.

11. Jared Lambert says:

Hi Claus,

We post release notes with each new release, these are available in this blog. We cover big feature areas and extensions, and we'll mention bugs that many people have asked about. We generally fix 30-50 bugs per release and it's difficult to translate all of them into an announcement that is easy to understand, so we just highlight the important ones.

We will be updating APQC with additional content and recordings very soon, you'll find an announcement for that on this blog and our announcements section on the site. I would expect these to be live within a week.