January release now available

The Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services team is happy to announce the immediate availability of the January release of Lifecycle Services.

This release offers a wide range of new features and service enhancements across existing tools, as well as paving the way for feature tools and enhancements to come.

• Improved user interface, text, and navigation
    • Restructured the first page for faster navigation
    • Standardized color scheme
    • Standardized sizing and spacing between controls

• Server licenses added to License Sizing Estimator
  • Support for AX 2012 R2 CU7 added to the Customization Analysis Tool
  • Importing users and security roles from an existing project added

• Auto recovery capabilities added to Customization Analysis VMs

• Text color of validation errors has been changed to make them easier to see.
  • Issue search code changes that included both application objects and SSRS reports can be opened
  • Minor changes have been made to the RFP Response spreadsheet.
  • Text corrections have been made in License sizing estimator and Usage profiler.
  • Incremental collector failure to store max date has been fixed.
  • Answering SSRS and SSAS questions in Usage profiler no longer causes Excel downloads to fail.

1. FH-Inway says:

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, the "Support for AX 2012 R2 CU7 added to the Customization Analysis Tool" seems to have broken the analysis of my models. I analyzed a CU7 model on January 14th just fine, but another CU7 model analysis that I started on January 23rd showed (after a long wait) the following message: "Analysis failed for unknown reason. Please contact Lifecycle services admin to get more detail."

Since then I tried several times to analyze the model, but every time it failed with the above message after a long wait.

Could you tell me how I can contact the Lifecycle services admin about that?

Best regards

2. Thank you for the feedback. Like you suspected we have a partial customization analysis outage and the team is addressing this issue as we speak. We will post a note on the blog once the issue is resolved.

Lifecycle services is supported through Microsoft support and in future in if run into issues or have questions feel free to reach out to support.

3. Baber Owais says:

I tried to search for one of the hotfix  which is the part of CU5 for Dynamics AX 2012 feature pack version using Issue search tool in lifecycle services portal in order to look at the code changes but no results were shown. The hotfix KB number is 2792356 "You experience slow performance when you open some complex forms". Is this a bug or am I missing something?

4. Customization analysis partial outage is resolved and Customization analysis service is back online.

Lifecycle services is supported through Microsoft support and in future if you run into issues or have questions please reach out to support.

5. FH-Inway says:

Customization analysis works again for me, thanks for the fast feedback and keep up the good work. Big fan of LCS.

6. DAXAzure says:

Is there an API available for LifeCycle Services?  I am interested in building some external tools that utilize LifeCycle Services.  Thanks.

7. Hi DAXAzure,

We don't currently have a public API available for LCS. However, I'd be happy to discuss your ideas and how you might be able to integrate. You are welcome to contact me directly at [My first name]La@microsoft.com.

8. Hi Barber,

We are putting in all new hotfixes, however we haven't processed many of the older ones. I'll check on your specific request and get back to you.

9. Rob says:

When running the Customization Analysis on a model from AX 2012 CU7 where the model store schema has been updated (axutil schema), I get the following error:

AXUtil 6.2 – Microsoft Dynamics AX Admin Utility (6.2.1000.4051)

(c) Copyright, Microsoft Corporation, 2011. All rights reserved.

The AXUtil command was started in the mode: import. .

ERROR: The given value of type String from the data source cannot be converted to type nvarchar of the specified target column.

When I've seen this in the past it's been due to the environment where the model is being imported hasn't had it's model store schema updated.  I believe this is the case for the environment where the Customization Analysis is trying to import the model file.

10. Hi Rob,

We've received this issue from a couple of different users. We're looking into it and I'll get back to you here shortly.

11. Hi Barber,

Following back around on the KB you referenced, we found that it had not been included with our original import due to quality issues in the bug details. We've marked that particular bug to be published shortly and are rescrubbing many of the originally rejected bugs.

Thanks for your feedback!

12. Eric says:

I'm trying to use the task recorder, and I get an error "the task recorder video worker is not present in the client bin".

13. Hi Eric,

Support should be able to help resolve this issue with you. You're missing "TaskRecorderBackgroundWorker.exe". This is a known bug in our pre-release 6.3 builds.

14. Andi says:

Hi, i've uploaded a customization analysis, but it failed with "Analysis failed for unknown reason. Please contact Lifecycle services admin to get more detail". Is there any issue currently? Can I try later?

15. AX Aspirant says:

The RFP Responses page doesn't show the Page Navigations i.e., 1 / 11 or so in any browser. Please fix it.