If you are experiencing one of these issues
- Trying to post a PPS Dashboard to http://ppsportal and receive a URL for the site is invalid message.
- If you are trying to install Project Time Sheets and can't post web pages and receive a (401) Not Authorized message.
- Having trouble syncronizing with Project Server.
This is a result of a Windows security patch. See note posted here
Follow the steps posted in this article to edit the registry as desribed in the article
Method 2: Disable the loopback check
Follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2. In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry key:
3. Right-click Lsa, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
4. Type DisableLoopbackCheck, and then press ENTER.
5. Right-click DisableLoopbackCheck, and then click Modify.
6. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
7. Quit Registry Editor, and then restart your computer.