More surrealism

So I’m in a training course this afternoon. And the guy in front of me is surfing the web on his tablet.

And I noticed what was on his screen…

Very, very wierd.  I doubt he even realized that I was behind him.

1. Anonymous says:

It’s true! I was sitting next to Larry at the time.

Actually the meeting is still going on (maybe we should be paying more attention to it…)

– adam

2. Hey, it was your idea to blog this 🙂

3. Anonymous says:

So did the guy in front notice the updated blog and look behind to find you?

4. Anonymous says:

That is really cool, and weird at the same time.

I wonder if he did see it update. How weird is that.

"Oh, Larry just published a new entry. Who’s the idiot that doesn’t see Larry Osterman sitting behind him".

5. Anonymous says:

Hey it’s even more weird – it was me with my tablet and I knew (channel9 video) that you were behind me!! -:)

6. DonnyBoy,

I wasn’t sure 🙂 As I said, it was very wierd.

And you left before I could ask 🙂

Btw, what’d you think of the class?

7. Universalis says:

Why can’t programmers spell? On purely evolutionary grounds I would have thought than an inability to see patterns of characters would decrease fitness in this field.

Or is the defect associated with improved skills in other areas? [eg. diabetes ==> resistance to starvation, sickle-cell ==> resistance to malaria]

8. Anonymous says:

Larry, you have a great blog of interesting low-level stuff. Perhaps there are others on this site, but hard-ish to find.

9. Jeff Parker says:

You know I wonder how many people in Training Classes today turned around to see if you were behind them Larry.

10. Anonymous says:

Programmers can’t spell because the compiler will point their misspells out. If you make a mistake you know it right away because your code won’t compile, so after while you stop paying attention to it.

11. Anonymous says:

Ok. So how many people turned around and looked behind you after reading this? 🙂

12. Anonymous says:

Wow. This little story actually inspires to *start* a blog… Thanks for sharing.