Someone suggested that I open a Suggestions box similar to Raymonds. It’s a good idea, so the suggestion box is now open.
Please note that I reserve the right to choose which suggestions I write on, and I’m not likely to write about things I don’t know about.
Topics I feel comfortable writing about (in no specific order):
- Microsoft History
- Windows Audio (if I don’t know the answer I can find it)
- Microsoft Exchange, and email in general
- The Win32 APIs, but not the Win32 GUI APIs (I’m not a UI programmer)
- Software engineering
- Debugging tricks and tips
- Security – but NOT about specific exploits etc – there are legal issues involved that I’m not willing to push.
- COM, DCOM, RPC, etc
- The .Net framework (although there are others far better at that than I)
- Localization/Internationalization issues
Topics I don’t feel comfortable writing about:
- Legal issues.
- Internet Explorer (there are others better suited to write about that)
- Windows GUI (ask Raymond, he knows that stuff, I don’t)
- Why doesn’t my code work? (Unless the reason it doesn’t work demonstrates a general principal)
- Longhorn specifics (including multimedia in Longhorn)