Today, at the Visual Studio Live event in Seattle, Dave Mendlen – Senior Director of Developer Marketing at Microsoft announced the final release of Lab Management in the Visual Studio 2010 release. We are announcing the general availability of the Lab Management capability as end of August, 2010. In addition to general availability we also announced that at the time of release, the Lab Management capability will be immediately available to all customers who have licenses for one of the following products:
- Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate with MSDN, or
- Visual Studio Test Professional 2010 with MSDN
In this journey to final release, we have worked with many customers and partners who are using current release candidate of Lab Management and incorporated their feedback to improve overall performance, stability, usability and diagnose-ability.
The following is a list of major fixes since release candidate
• Improved performance for Lab Management Workflow Wizard.
• Improved performance for automated test case execution on Network Isolated Lab environments.
• Fix for an issue where Test Controller service account being same as Lab Service account caused issues with environment capabilities.
• Ability to provide Host based connections to multiple users.
• Improved error messages for error conditions to help diagnose issues.
This release will be available as a single patch which you will need to apply to TFS, Visual Studio Client, and agents.
To know more about Lab Management you can visit Lab Management site at http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/solutions/software-quality/lab-management
To watch Lab Management videos visit http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=183021
If you want to try out Lab Management scenarios, you can download a preconfigured VHD which has all lab management components installed and configured from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=195885
Now if you want to setup Lab Management for your team visit http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/ee712698.aspx
Looking forward for you to try this capability and do provide us your valuable feedback.