Visual Studio 2010 / .NET 4.0 Framework Beta2 was announced yesterday. MSDN subscribers can download it immediately with general availability on Oct 22nd. Visual Studio Lab Management 2010 is available as part of this beta release. There are numerous improvements in Lab Management Beta2 release as compared to Beta1 release, with some of the significant ones listed below:
- Improved setup and configuration experience
- Simplified Environment creation and edit experience
- Full-screen environment viewer
- Out of the box template for application build-deploy-test workflow
- Network isolation with support for domain controller Virtual Machines
- “In-Use” support for shared environments
To setup and configure Lab Management, follow this link for the relevant documentation. Lab Management usage documentation is available here. Note that Lab Management Beta2 requires System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) 2008 R2 RTM that you can download from here.
To discuss setting up and usage of Lab Management, post your queries on the Visual Studio Lab Management discussion forum. If you have found a bug or would like to file a suggestion for future versions, please visit the Microsoft Connect Beta 2 feedback page.
In the coming weeks, we will be publishing a series of blogs on this site that go deeper into various usage scenarios. Do visit us often and share your feedback.