Hi there. I’m Korby Parnell, a programmer/writer on the Visual Studio and Visual SourceSafe team at Microsoft and an émigré from blogs.gotdotnet.com. That’s right, I work for a very, very small and not so hard corporation. When I’m not writing documentation, code, or blog posts, you’ll find me gardening, sailing, hiking, or planning (I’m Redmond’s newest planning commissioner). So what can you expect from my blog?
The 30-Second ‘Should I Subscribe to Korby’s Blog?’ Test
- The word “merge“ makes you sweat a little more than most commuters.
- When your son climbs out on a branch, you instinctively yell, “Don’t break the build, Johnnie.“
- You can watch Analyze This AND Analyze That in the time it takes to Analyze your SourceSafe database each weekend.
- You use Visual SourceSafe and you don’t know what Analyze is (!).
- You know that C# is not pronounced C-Number, VB is not a disease, and a .bat produces neither guano nor homeruns.
- In the title of this blog post, you know which word should be replaced with “WORLD“ and why.
- If you had U$50 million laying around, you’d buy the New Jersey Nets just to rename the DotNets.
- You weren’t surpised in the least to learn that somebody named a killer snake after your favorite Web development technology.
- You want up-to-the-minute news, design rationale, nitty-gritty how to’s, job openings, and a chance to rant (and be heard) about your ‘favorite’ features in Visual SourceSafe, Visual Studio, and other Microsoft development tools such as MSBuild and WebMatrix.
In the next couple of months, my old posts on blogs.gotdotnet.com will be migrated to this RSS feed. If you can’t wait to dive into archive posts such as Keyword Expansion in Visual SourceSafe or How To: Backup a SourceSafe Database, go to blogs.gotdotnet.com/korbyp and click on your favorite category.
Many thanks to Scott and Rob for making the transition from gotdotnet to weblogs.asp.net possible and easy. A special and fond word of thanks to the many talented and hardworking folks at blogs.gotdotnet for enabling me to suck the life from their servers for so long. It was quite a ride.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights. Microsoft kann für die Richtigkeit und Vollständigkeit der Inhalte in dieser Newsgroup keine Haftung übernehmen. Este mensaje se proporciona “como está” sin garantías de ninguna clase, y no otorga ningún derecho. Ce message est fourni sans garanties et ne vous confère aucun droit. Il presente posting viene fornito così come é , senza garanzie, e non conferisce alcun diritto. ????? ?? ?????? “??? ????” ??? ?? ?????? ?? ??????, ????? ????? ?? ?????? ????.