Update to the latest book’s CD

Many have noted that there are some files missing from the CD accompanying my latest book, SQL Server 2005 Practical Troubleshooting.  My apologies for that.  We’ve just posted an update to the book’s CD at http://www.khen.com/sspt.htm.  Note:  you’re welcome to grab the book’s CD regardless of whether you’ve actually purchased the book—we’re making it available to everyone.

1. Santhosh says:

Ken,

Do you have any plans of writing books on SQL 2005 Internals? Any recommendations from your side on the existing ones?

2. bhupinder says:

i cann’t access the site mentioned to collect CD information.

3. TheSQLGuy says:

3/28/2007 and still can’t access the link.

4. khen says:

I don’t know what to tell you.  I just checked it, and the link works fine.  Could you possibly have a firewall issue?  Perhaps khen.com is blocked for some reason?

5. khen says:

Yes, Santhosh, I’ll be updating my books for SQL Server 2005.

6. Bon says:

Im tring to transfer a bulk .XML file  into SQL server 2005 and im having some difficulty, do you have any suggestions??

7. Bill says:

Hi, Ken

Ch1 Page 6 of your new book (SQL 2005 troubleshooting) said,

"The session-level focus also………Both sysprocesses and sys.dm_os_waiting_tasks display only the session ID of the blocking……."

should it be sys.dm_exec_requests rather than sys.dm_os_waiting_tasks?

Bill

8. Bill says:

Hi, Ken

Ch1 Page 6 of your new book (SQL 2005 troubleshooting) said,

should it be sys.dm_exec_requests rather than sys.dm_os_waiting_tasks?

Bill

9. alpha1105omega@hotmail.com says:

Hi, Ken

Ch1 Page 6 of your new book (SQL 2005 troubleshooting) said,

should it be sys.dm_exec_requests rather than sys.dm_os_waiting_tasks?

Bill

10. Rudi says:

Hello,

Yep, there are some problems with the link. It works fine on Internet Explorer, but doesn’t recognize the header with Firefox and tries to download the HTML page. Looks like non standard HTTP headers.

btw, I take the opportunity to say thanks. I appreciate your books, spirit and writing skills. I appreciate your prefaces very much.

11. DoohickeyJones says:

Still no luck getting to the updated files.

The link attempts to redirect to http://www2.khen.com:8000/sspt_cd.zip and fails.

Tried in Explorer 7 and Firefox.

12. Charcol says:

I cannot find the sspt cd files either. i would really really really *really* love to have the innocuous_waits view!!!

13. jusher says:

I tried today as well…no luck with IE7

14. jusher says:

By the way Ken (if I may), your book is the best example of how a text should explain fact-based, systematic information without the use of marketing language. I think SQL 2005 is one of the best products around and, perhaps because of that, it can be marketed best by the simple, direct description of how it works and even doesn’t work in narrow circumstances.  Denial of problems over time amplifies the noise that they generate in a system over that period whether SQL, ecosystems or family systems. Thanks for enduring my diatribe.