My name is Kevin Pilch-Bisson. I’m a Canadian living in the US, working as a developer for Microsoft on the C# ide team. I’ve been here for almost 1.5 years. I have 3 small children, and enjoy spending my spare time with them. I often have a hard time describing exactly what our team is responsible for. Normally I respond by saying that we are NOT responsible for the core editor of VisualStudio, but we are responsible for all of the language specific customizations that you see for C#. The list usually goes something like this. We ARE responsible for:
- Items in completion lists (but not the drawing of the list itself).
- What happens when you select something in a completion list
- The contents of Parameter Help and Quick Info
- Task list contents
- Class view contents
- Navigation (go to definition, go to reference, etc)
- The glue connecting the compiler to the project system
- Refactoring (new for Whidbey)
- Expansions (new for Whidbey)
We are NOT responsible for:
- Search and replace
- General look and feel of the product
- The project system
I’m not really sure what I’m going to write about in this space, so we’ll just have to see how things go. Within the list above, I work on Formatting, our settings pages under Tools->Options, task list, and some stuff to do with colorizing, completion lists and parameter help.