I feel like giving out something to the community today. And there’s one thing I’ve been missing: a set of vector graphics for Metro UI, and in particular, “I love Windows Phone” piece. Several people asked me about it, so I created one in SVG, using my favorite vector tool: Inkscape.
License: This vector set is released under the free creative commons license (CC), feel free to use in works. I hope it will inspire you to build more amazing Windows Phone apps.
And as a bonus, to get started with Windows Phone development (in case you didn’t have a chance to do it), here’s a simple jump-start package:
Download the free tools for development - http://create.msdn.com/en-us/home/getting_started
- Take a look at the training - http://create.msdn.com/en-US/education/catalog
- Go through the Windows Phone Offline Training Kit - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/WP7MangoTrainingCourse
- Get the code samples and the starter kit - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff431744(v=VS.92).aspx
- View “How do I” videos - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/gg243438
- Review design resources - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff637515(VS.92).aspx
- Download a free e-book on Windows Phone development - http://charlespetzold.com/phone/index.html
- Register for App Hub - http://create.msdn.com/en-us/home/membership