BizTalk Error: Project Creation Failed

SYMPTOMS

The error message appears on the status bar when you try to add a BizTalk 2009 project in Visual Studio 2008.
-----------------------------------------
Error Details: “Create BizTalk Project …. Project Creation Failed”

This problem may occur after you applied SP1 for VS.

RESOLUTION

Browse to the installation folder of BizTalk 2009, run setup.exe, and choose “Repair” button, after that, you will work out the issue.

1. Anonymous says:

Just to clarify, the "Repair" option is behind the "Install BizTalk Server on this computer" option.

2. eliassal says:

Hi, I foillowed your instructions, opened VS2008, BTS 2009 projects templates all disappeared except "BPEL" template

3. eliassal says:

I followed your instructions, opened VS2008, all BTS 2009 projects templates disappeared

Thanks for your help

4. Harry says:

Thanks…this was very helpful

5. Dewangan says:

There was no biztalk template in my Visual Studio 2008. Later I figured out, [Developer Tools] options should be checked during installation of Biztalk sever. So I did, BTS 2009 projects templates all disappeared except "BPEL" template when VS2008 is opened. Reopened the Visual Studio after a while, then all templates appear including biztalk template.

But when I tried to create project using [Empty Biztalk Project], it is failed. Biztalk Server is repaired from [Repair] option while runing setup.

6. Andrew says:

Hey, I had run into this exact issue and this was just what I needed. Thanks for taking the time to post this.

7. BrUcE RmZ says:

Thanks That Worked… I am on the End-to-End Tutorial for the HL7 Accelerator in Biztalk 2009… I’ve been stuck for 2 days trying to fix it… I couldn’t pass the first Project creation because this stup#%& freaking issue. Thanks a lot. It’s a great fix… Now I can go on with the Tutorial…

8. Suparna says:

Yes, this resolves the problem. Thanks !!

Skip to main content