Bing Maps Ajax Control v7 Released!

Today we are excited to announce the release of the new Bing Maps Ajax Control v7!  It is a new optimized,high performance JavaScript map control that leverages the latest web technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3 to provide a rich mapping experience in AJAX.  The map control will dynamically detect browser capabilities and for those browsers that support HTML5/CSS3, it will take advantage of the rendering capabilities.  The v7 control is also more lightweight than the previous versions of the control and is optimized for mobile devices.  The v7 control has the new enhanced Road style  and a new enhanced Birdseye view. See some screenshots below.

Bing Maps was also just updated to use the new v7 control.  See the Bing Maps Community Blog for the latest details on the new Bing Maps Updates .  Also, check out the Bing Maps Community Blog post Introducing the AJAX map control V7.

For details on how to use the new Bing Maps Ajax Control v7, see the SDK here  Bing Maps AJAX Control, Version 7.0 SDK.  Check back later for more updates and code samples.

Bing Maps Ajax Control v7 Enhanced Road Bing Maps Ajax Control Enhanced Birdseye View

1. Ed says:

First thing I have tried with new v7. was printing. No LUCK. Gecko handles better IE8? OMG. I don't understand what MS is doing before they release. This is just so simple thing that everyone want to do.

2. Google maps UX is superior says:

I'm a Microsoft guy! Actually I was MVP for some years and I really like this company! But sometimes I do not understand what happens…

For example if you access, the user experience is incredbly better!!!! Try to use your MouseWheell on Bing maps? It's very very slow!

On Google maps is very very fast! And i'm using Ie9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. v6 to v7 updater says:

Is Clustering still implemented in the API?

4. Jim says:

What  is the road map for the Bing Maps Silverlight control?  I've heard nothing since it was released to market.  The Extended modes code has been in beta since 2009.

I'm looking for printing support and Streetside without the blue/gray bug in the Silverlight product.

Should I start migrating my application to the Ajax control?

5. si says:

I think the v7 version is much frustrating than the previous one. It doesnt work on FF4 and got a large number of bugs

6. Keith Kinnan says:

Clustering is not currently implemented in the API, however you can look at the clustering sample module from Ricky Brunditt here:…/bing-maps-v7-modular-design-and-client-side-clustering.aspx

This sample module is also a sample in the interactive SDK under "Loading Dynamic Module" here:…/AjaxV7

7. Keith Kinnan says:

si: the control should work in Firefox 4.  Also, if you are noticing any bugs, please feel free to send them to me or post in the forums.  Thanks!