Yesterday, the Windows Phone Developer blog, together with Nitobi, announced the availability of a PhoneGap beta version supporting Windows Phone Mango. This new option to build applications targeting Windows Phone gives more choices to developers. In particular, Web developers will be able to easily leverage their HTML5 skills to target Windows Phone.
- Access Device Information (UDDI and stuff)
- Add and search Contacts
- Connection status (network / wifi connection status)
- Alerts/Notification (alert and confirm)
- Media Capture (Image and Audio)
The beta version of the PhoneGap libraries can be downloaded from:
Windows Phone SDK 7.1 RC direct download links:
- ENU Web Installer: http://download.microsoft.com/download/A/5/1/A51C88B5-CF00-420C-9288-020CCD6C65C8/vm_web2.exe
- ENU ISO Image: http://download.microsoft.com/download/A/5/1/A51C88B5-CF00-420C-9288-020CCD6C65C8/WPSDKV71_en1.iso
Windows Phone SDK 7.1 RC documentation
- What’s New in Windows Phone Developer Tools: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=190409
- Code Samples for Windows Phone: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=219604
Stay tuned, we will provide updates and more extensive demos as progress is made. With Windows Phone Mango Released to Manufacturing and developer tools hitting “Release Candidate”, it’s the perfect time to start testing, give feedback and join the PhoneGap open source project.