In this video we take a look at a new feature in Expression Blend called Sample data. We create a new sample data source and edit some of the properties, next we create a ListBox with a binding to the collection of data. You will see that Blend also allows you to create a details view and binds to a ListBox selected item automatically.
The fact that Blend does some of this stuff automatically for might be good but in case you need more control that’s also possible, check out the recommended link below for some more in-depth information.
3 minutes on Blend 3: #9 Sample Data (master-detail)
- Expression Blend 3: Secrets of working with data
This blog post by Evgeny is a must-read. It gives you some extra details like using keyboard shortcuts to change the default behavior of Blend to databind and automatically create controls and such.
- Introducing Sample Data support in Blend 3 – blog post with sample by Unni (Program Manager at the Expression Blend team)
The 3 minutes on Blend 3 series:
- 3’ on Blend 3 – #1: The Workspace
- 3’ on Blend 3 - #2: SketchFlow Introduction
- 3’ on Blend 3 - #3: SketchFlow Adding content
- 3’ on Blend 3 - #4: SketchFlow Player
- 3’ on Blend 3 - #5: SketchFlow – Getting feedback into Blend
- 3’ on Blend 3 - #6: SketchFlow Composition Screens
- 3’ on Blend 3 - #7: SketchFlow Composition Screens, adding Navigation
- 3’ on Blend 3 - #8: SketchFlow States