MIX09 is just a few weeks from now, good time to get a good look at the sessions and choose a few I’ll be watching. I’m guessing most sessions will be online less than 24 hours after the event. I should be blocking some days in my agenda to catch up, since I’m not going this year.
The keynote, of course, will be worth watching. I’m expecting a few announcements around Silverlight 3, check out this Channel9 interview with Scott Guthrie for some hints.
My session picks:
- From Concept to Production: Microsoft Expression Blend, by Celso Gomes (Nibbles Tutorials ring a bell?) and Christian Schormann.
- How Razorfish Lights Up Brand with Microsoft SharePoint (I did some SharePoint development in a past life… so I’m always interested in seeing new stuff on SharePoint).
- Designing the Windows 7 Desktop
- Simplifying Distributed Access Control with Microsoft .NET Services, by Justin Smith
- Live Framework and Mesh Services: Live Services for Developers, by Ori Amiga. I was at one of his sessions at PDC08. He’s a fantastic and very motivated speaker. After attending one of his sessions you just want to start developing right away!
- What’s New in Microsoft SQL Data Services, session abstract is not very elaborate since they will only be able to give the details after the keynote. New stuff definitely worth watching…
- RESTful Services for the Programmable Web with Windows Communication Foundation
- What’s New in Microsoft Silverlight 3, by Joe Stegman
- Choosing between ASP.NET Web Forms and MVC
- The Next Generation of Microsoft Virtual Earth, by Chris Peddleton – again details will only be released after the MIX keynote so new stuff will surely be announced
- Building Amazing Business Centric Applications with Microsoft Silverlight 3, by Brad Abrams (details after MIX keynote)
- What’s New for Microsoft Silverlight and Microsoft Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) Developers in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- And so many more, can’t choose!
Special mention for these two not to miss sessions by TechDays speakers:
- Working across the Client Continuum, Laurent Bugnion
- Lighting Up Web and Client Applications with Microsoft Live Services, by Belgian Regional Director Gregory Renard
Find the full agenda here.