You may have seen it posted on several blogs: Scott Guthrie has published an overview of Silverlight 2 functionality and a complete 8 part tutorial!
The tutorial is step-by-step guide on building a sample Silverlight 2 Beta1 application that reads stories from Digg.com. The sample uses REST, cross-domain access, LINQ to SQL, Silverlight UI and more.
- Part 1: Creating “Hello World” with Silverlight 2 and VS 2008
- Part 2: Using Layout Management
- Part 3: Using Networking to Retrieve Data and Populate a DataGrid
- Part 4: Using Style Elements to Better Encapsulate Look and Feel
- Part 5: Using the ListBox and DataBinding to Display List Data
- Part 6: Using User Controls to Implement Master/Details Scenarios
- Part 7: Using Templates to Customize Control Look and Feel
- Part 8: Creating a Digg Desktop Version of our Application using WPF
Well worth reading today so that you get a headstart once the Beta1 comes out.