We have a really cool opening on our team at Microsoft – Platform Strategy Advisor.
The PSA role is a great mix for someone with both business and technical acumen. The mission of the PSA is to demonstrate the business value of new innovative Microsoft platform technologies and to show Microsoft’s thought leadership in the telco, cable, publishing, and media & entertainment industries. The PSA engages senior business decision makers (BDM) at customers and partners in order to articulate the business value of the Microsoft platform, jointly develop customer specific value propositions, identify opportunities, and drive pilot projects that utilize key innovative technologies that create new business value for the customer/partner. The PSA is also responsible for general evangelism towards the business audience such as speaking at high value public events, publishing articles, participating in industry media channels, and other similar activities targeted toward the Communication Sector Industries.
Responsibilities of the PSA include:
• Engaging key accounts by mapping business needs to technology to create innovative solutions.
• Leveraging existing engagements to create compelling industry, business or technology PR.
• Strong executive relationship building skills to develop a BDM ecosystem from the ground up.
• Owning the successful delivery of events targeting the BDM audience.
• Ability to present in front of small and very large audiences.
• Driving highly visible design wins that lead to compelling evidence, customer references and broad PR
• Selling application platform technologies to enterprise accounts, partners and through the channel.
• Customer education on Microsoft technologies and initiatives such as Software + Services.
Want to learn more? Visit the Microsoft.com Careers site and apply.